Accidentally left positive feedback before I have received my item!

Surferrosa

Nov 11, 2013
Hi there,

I was using the eBay mobile app when I accidentally left positive feedback for an item I'm yet to receive. Will I still be covered by ebay's buyer protection if the item doesn't arrive or if there is a problem with it? Reason I ask is that the item is coming from the US (I'm in the UK) and I've been waiting three weeks already with tomorrow being the final day it should arrive. The seller shipped it with USPS and the tracking shows it's in transit, but not yet arrived in the UK and this is much slower than my usual experiences with US - UK shipping, even taking into account Christmas post.

TIA

Hi there,

I was using the eBay mobile app when I accidentally left positive feedback for an item I'm yet to receive. Will I still be covered by ebay's buyer protection if the item doesn't arrive or if there is a problem with it? Reason I ask is that the item is coming from the US (I'm in the UK) and I've been waiting three weeks already with tomorrow being the final day it should arrive. The seller shipped it with USPS and the tracking shows it's in transit, but not yet arrived in the UK and this is much slower than my usual experiences with US - UK shipping, even taking into account Christmas post.

TIA

It is the holiday season so that may explain the longer shipping times. I think there is an option to revise your feedback. You can do so if your item does not arrive or SNAD. Was it shipped by the seller directly or through the global shipping program? My experience with the GSP is less than stellar.

It is the holiday season so that may explain the longer shipping times. I think there is an option to revise your feedback. You can do so if your item does not arrive or SNAD. Was it shipped by the seller directly or through the global shipping program? My experience with the GSP is less than stellar.

Thanks for your quick reply! No it wasn't shipped through GSP, just first class international mail. It was expected to arrive between 2nd and 13th Dec, obviously I will allow more time as it is holiday season. I was just hoping to find out that I hadn't invalidated my option to dispute the transaction if it doesn't arrive by leaving positive feedback.

Hi there,

TIA
Again, you've got protection and ebay doesn't really care about feedback in a case like this.

In fact, many years ago, I sold an item. This was long before ebay's feedback system changed, sellers could even neg buyers and at the time, it wasn't as pro-buyer/anti-seller environment. My item was sold with a no-return policy and was NWT. The buyer received the item, left positive feedback and a month after receipt, listed and tried to sell it.

After relisting a few times and not finding a buyer, she filed a dispute, claimed the color wasn't as expected and wanted to return.

I tried to fight the return pointing out that the positive feedback indicated satisfaction and that she'd listed it and couldn't sell and that was the reason for the dispute.

Ebay didn't care. I had to accept the return even though there wasn't a valid issue with the item.

Thus your positive feedback won't prevent you from filing and possibly winning INR or SNAD.