Accessorizing for work

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. How do you working girls add a personal touch to your outfit? I work in a conservative environment and so far, I have only venture as far as wearing simple diamond or pearl earrings/ necklaces and pendants. I am getting really bored of them and would love to get some ideas. I love those long gold chains with huge pendants but am worried they are a bit too bling bling but am trying to look for something in matt gold. Does anyone think the silver Tiffany pendants look a bit too teenager-ish for work? Thanks!

2. #2 Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    I think the silver Return to Tiffany necklaces look too casual/young for work. I'm not sure what pendants you're talking about, though.

To dress up at work, I usually wear gold and jewel-tone accessories. I like larger accessories, but smaller jewelry looks more substantial in gold-tone, in my opinion.

I think it should be fine. If you're dressed in a button down and slacks, I think the
    right statement piece could help pull together a unique look. On a silver-tone day, I like to wear a big stainless steel watch, and a large pendant on a sterling slide necklace.

I love wearing unique pieces, because they're conversation-starters. :tup:

I usually pair something classic and elegant with something funky and interesting. Hmm, for some reason, I can't post the actual images of some of the unique pieces I have. See attached.

Attached Files:

• dru.jpg
      dru.jpg
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views:
    • dru2.jpg
      dru2.jpg
      File size:
      57.8 KB
      Views:
  3. I wear scarves--they add color and once you learn to tie them different ways, you can get lots of different looks.

4. I sometimes wear a Tiffany necklace, but I think they look teenish depending on what else you're wearing. But I also sometimes wear pearls or even just a diamond solitaire pendant.

5. I wear a ring and either a necklace or earrings (small, classic). I don't use work as the place to parade my jewelry, haha. Less is more.

6. I wear the same jewelry to work that I would wear any place else. I always wear my wedding rings and watch, and then a right hand ring and either a necklace or earrings (I usually don't wear both, especially if one is a statement piece).

7. I'm in field sales, and I work in very rural and poor areas. Usually I just wear dress pants and a cardigan/button down blouse combo, and all I ever have on are my wedding rings, a watch, my pandora or coach bracelet and little earrings. I don't want to be too flashy.... at all... sometimes I turn my rings upside down while I'm waiting....

8. I always wear my watch (Cartier Roadster) and either my wedding set (two eternity bands and a three stone princess ring) or my "alternative" wedding set (three tiffany-set stacked diamond solitaires), plus either earrings OR a necklace.

9. i think it depends on the whole look i will wear my tiff heart tag necklace w diamond studs and a blazer, but not on a jeans and sweater day to work. i like to mix things up and wear pieces that arent necessarily expected- ie a turqoise cuff w my brocade jacket. i think the trick for office wear is just keep one focal piece- ie a big necklace means small studs for earings etc.

10. One time, I wore this big rhinestone "statement" choker to work. I was feeling fancy that day and it was around the holidays I think. I think maybe I was feelin a bit down and I needed something to cheer me up well anyway, one of the bosses asked me if I was going to the Opera or something it was hilarious ! I say if you are in a creative environment or luxury retail you can get away with a lot more. Also maybe in finance you can get away with more too but it depends on where you work. HTH

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice