Accepted to San Diego state the same day I found out I am pregnant!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone! I'm so excited both for the next addition to my family and for the big accomplishment of being accepted to SDSU! I have been waiting for this moment for so long. I decided to get my associates degree and transfer to a university after the birth of my first daughter. I wanted her to be proud of me. I am now 28yrs old and am expecting my second baby! My husband and I decided to start trying to conceive but didn't think we would get so lucky so fast. Expected due date is late November of this year. Around the same time the fall semester will be going on. What do I do?? Any suggestions? I am at work and cannot get phone access at this time to call the university and see what my options are. Any one in my shoes? Thanks so much ladies and gents!

Arlene619 likes this.
  2. First of all. congratulations on both the pregnancy and getting into school.

DO they offer online classes? Perhaps you can defer a semester and take an online class or two or even regular class(es) starting in January

3. Congratulations!!! I live in San Diego too :smile: I would call SDSU to see what your options are, I am sure they will be flexible with you. You can defer or you can go part-time possibly.

4. I agree with the previous posters, try to see if you can do a couple online courses if they offer it. Also some profs can be very flexible. For example, my employer refused to give me time off for when the final exam was scheduled so the prof said I could come to his office on a saturday and write the exam there.

5. Congrats!

I would see if you could defer a semester. Would two months time be enough for you to have before starting in January? You could also do summer session but classes are fewer and are longer/more frequent.

6. Hi, fellow San Diegan!! I hope your pregnancy is going well and you figured out what you're going to do with college !