Accents..

clinkenwar

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Do you find that when you read someones post and they tell you where they're from..you start to hear their voice in your head with an accent? ... I may not be explaining that well but for example when I read posts from swedie..I totally "hear" the post with a swedish accent...please tell me I'm not the only one!!:weird: :shame: :wacko:

pursemama said:
I'm sorry Clinkenwar, but I think you need to take a much needed vacation.....:lol: !

I guess I need one too, because I totally understand what Clinkenwar is saying.

Like in prose and poetry, I think anything written (esp. internet posts!) has a tone of voice.

IntlSet said:
I guess I need one too, because I totally understand what Clinkenwar is saying.

Like in prose and poetry, I think anything written (esp. internet posts!) has a tone of voice.

Actually, you're right! For me, only when I'm engulfed in what I'm reading I can imagine hearing the accents :weird: ...I apologize Clinkenwar...no vacation for you!

clinkenwar said:
Do you find that when you read someones post and they tell you where they're from..you start to hear their voice in your head with an accent? ... I may not be explaining that well but for example when I read posts from swedie..I totally "hear" the post with a swedish accent...please tell me I'm not the only one!!

LOL :lol: That is so cute :biggrin: I hate to dissapoint you, but I don't really have an accent :shame: Somehow after speaking with americans so much it's gone, except if I'm really tired or get reeeeally nervous (which is kind of weird :P ). People who have heard I am swedish before they meet me get so dissapointed, they're like "awww, you don't have an accent!!". I guess they all expect me to sound like "Uuuuulllaaa froooom Svvvedeeen" :amuse: So, sometimes I fake an accent a little bit to make people happy :huh: I'm really good at it too, all you have to do is listen to the Swedish government officials and copy them :lol:

Haha good post :smile:..I think I do something similiar but I put people I know in context with you girls here. Forr ex. Intlset..I am friends with a girl named Danielle and I don't know what it is but I swear you would be best friends, both of you seem like you have the same funny, outgoing and sweet personality..and you both would say the same thing..like danielle would soooooo say something similiar to your post about the itty bitty titties thing.. SO FUNNY..that sounds wierd reading it LOL but whenever I read your posts i'm like danielle is that you?!...only problem is she is an advocate for fakes :sad:

I often wonder what everyone sounds like while reading their posts :shame: I don't think I have an accent, though sometimes I'll say cetain words in Spanish while speaking English to someone.

i figured that some of y'all might hear my posts in a southern accent - i have a little bit of one, but it varies depending on who i'm talking to and what kind of accent they have. i pick up accents very easily and can turn mine on and off, which, unfotunately, i sometimes need to because everyone assumes that southerners are inbred redneck idiots - we're not! but it's just a fact of life when you're from the South :-/

I've been told I have a Jersey Accent, but don't believe it. Although, sometimes my Rs sound like As. Like drawa instead of drawer. lol I think most of the people on the East Coast kinda do that though.