AC wrecking my skin - help!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've had problem skin since my early teens, starting as mild to moderate acne and now at 27 I have very sensitive combination skin with the occasional breakout. My skin is always worse in winter due to indoor heating, so I was looking forward to summer as usual and a more natural indoor climate.

Three weeks ago I started a new job where the AC is cranked up all the way, all the time. I started noticing changes in my skin from day one, and it's still worsening! I went from having a few dry patches on my cheeks and a slightly oily t-zone to getting bumps, huge pores, giant puss filled acne and so much sebum production I go through blotting papers like a maniac. I'm itchy all over my body and the acne has spread to my chest, back and even scalp!

I'm freaking out and don't know what to do, I just feel so horrible and ugly all the time. Has anyone else gone through something similar? Did you find any products that helped? Right now I use mostly Paula's Choice products for combination/oily skin: cleanser and spf moisturizer in the morning, cleanser, salicylic acid, antioxidant serum and moisturizer in the evening, with benzoyl peroxide on the worst spots. I shower every other day and avoid really hot water, and try to drink as much water as possible during the day. It's helping a little, but not enough! If anyone can help I'd appreciate it a lot!

2. I'd contact a dermatologist.. the itching indicates some kind of reaction to
    something you might be using..

Are the AC filters clean in your office & is anyone else experiencing any of your
    facial/body symptoms or anything else?

3. Everyone else seems fine, and I'm not using any products I haven't been using regularly for years already. The itching is more a result of dry skin and some acne (itchy acne is the worst!). I'm hoping it's a transitional phase and my skin will mellow once it gets used to this, but if not I should probably see a dermatologist, yeah.

4. do you sit in an office or cubicle? I'd invest in a personal size air purifier

5. This might be an idea! Or maybe a humidifier, if I could get a super silent one for my desk. I'm in a cubicle so I don't want to annoy anyone else with noise. Thanks for the tip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice