Absolute favorite bag for under $1k?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Preferably a shoulder style or satchel with a shoulder strap in black or brown! Thanks gals!

2. [​IMG]

3. In no particular order:

1. Coach Legacy Large shoulder bag (if you can still find one), about $800.
    2. Hogan Big Dune hobo, $995.
    3. Gerard Darel Charlotte flap satchel, $635.
    4. Loeffler Randall Hattie, $665.
    5. Gustto Big Baca, $760.
    6. Be & D Garbo, about $895.
    7. Salvatore Ferragamo Gancio shoulder bag, $990.
    8. Bottkier Large Essex, $780.
    9. Ghibli suede and reptile hobo, $336.
    10. Moschino large patent shoulder bag, $995.
    Honorable mention: Chloe Kerala hobo, just a hair over budget at $1095.
    I could do this all day! :yes:

4. I don't know if this is that style for you but the Kooba Sienna in Black is stunning. It is a little on the heavy side but not terrible and you DO get used to it. People compliment it all the time and to me it does not seem to be a style that will be out in a few years, it's a little boho but not overly.

5. Ohhhh the Coach legacy bag in whiskey (brown) is GORGEOUS. There is a large one and a small one - small one is still a good size and it's about $400.

6. I am enjoying my Kooba Paige, but like Kimmi commented on a Kooba, it is heavier than I'd like it to be. But it's made of beautiful leather (I have black), interior is pink suede, and it has pockets on the outside (and inside). It's a beautiful yet very practical bag. I think it sells for around $650 or so, so it's well under your limit.

7. I agree with Salvatore Ferragamo Gancio shoulder bag, $990.

8. joy gryson leather bag $795
    [​IMG]

Loeffler Randall “Large Slouch Tote” $795
    [​IMG]

marni $995
    [​IMG]

gryson "olivia" somewhere around $800
    [​IMG]

AND ALL BALENCIAGA BAGS :P

9. I like this one!

Loeffler Randall “Large Slouch Tote” $795
    [​IMG]

10. - Ferragamo Marissa
    - Balenciaga First
    - LV Cabas Piano

11. I'd second the Gancio bag suggestion, but also check out Hayden Harnett and Cole Haan. They both have some really nice bags for under $500.

12. Anything a bit smaller - more along the lines of a 10x12 bag - these other bags are so huge and I just don't carry that much. I'm leaning towards the Balenciaga First, Box or perhaps Twiggy but would love to find something a tad less expensive if at all possible!

13. Whoops, sorry; I'm all about the big bags! The Loeffler Randall Hattie and the Ghibli are both rather small. I also love the Bric's at Forzieri.
    And heads up- Pink Mascara is having a handbag sale this weekend.

14. I like this, $950 at NM:
    [​IMG]

Hogan Shopper

15. My absolute favourite bag under $1K is the Dior Nude Detective Clutch...the following picture is from STAR's bag showcase:
    Dior nude detective clutch.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice