Abrasion on leather straps?

kewlada

Nov 18, 2016
Hello all, would like to get some opinions on this.. Today i found that a certain part of the bag straps, the leather seems to have peeled or the color has dropped off? However the leather does feel intact and smooth when i touch it.

So i brought it down to a boutique and the SA was saying it's normal as it's caused by abrasion of the chain. And she said if it bothers me, they could send it back to paris to replace the leather and i will have to pay for the replacement.

Just want to check if this is normal and reasonable? I got the bag from cruise 2017 collection and the bag is less than a year old.

IMG_8780.JPG IMG_8781.JPG IMG_8782.JPG

Hey there. Is it only on chain or uniformly on each chain strap? It seem to be rubbed againts the grommets. Since its lambskin i guess its softer & prone to such? I dont have the exact bag, but i had a lambskin flap which the leather strap has rubbing after usage.

Hey there. Is it only on chain or uniformly on each chain strap? It seem to be rubbed againts the grommets. Since its lambskin i guess its softer & prone to such? I dont have the exact bag, but i had a lambskin flap which the leather strap has rubbing after usage.

the other side of the chain has the abrasion as well, but not as bad as this. yea, this is what the SA told me and she said that for all flap bags which have its chain against the grommets, it will have this problem.. hmm not too sure if it's lambskin on the chains.. but i guess perhaps it's really the abrasion and i should not be worrying about it..

i'm sorry to hear about your lambskin flap. my heart almost stopped when i saw mine! but i guess perhaps with wear and tear, it will happen sooner or later...