About to transfer money overseas to secure surgery date... would like some advice.

nyte103

Jan 4, 2017
Hey all, so I'm about make a wire transfer to Japan to secure my surgery date and I would really like some advice. Has anybody done something like this before?

I'm from USA

The clinic is Verite Clinic (they've been talked about on this forum before) and I've done my fair share of research (and have been following the clinic and doctor for quite a long time) but still I just want to be safe and make sure that I'm not missing anything. I'm 99.99% sure they're legit, but I'll be transferring a lot of money and that's always scary. Has anybody else done something like this? Is there something I can do for my protection? Are there laws for stuff like this in Japan/USA? All I have is an application that I have to send them and the money. Anything I should be looking out for?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid...?

Thanks.

i dont think you are paranoid.
anyone would be worry about transfering largesum money to oversea.
hopefully, someone who had and experiecne, wiring moeny to japan appear and give you advice.
Thanks.

It doesn't have to be specifically Japan only, but it can be Korea too... just anyone with similar experience...

Last edited:
Anyone in this position would be paranoid. This past May I wired an amount in the thousands to View Clinic in Seoul. I was nervous and having cold sweat while waiting in line at the bank. I know the clinic is legit and it's no longer a question of whether the clinic is legit, its just that...what if I have second thoughts?

Point is, there are only 2 options. Just bite the bullet and transfer away. Or you can fly over to Japan and have a consultation with them first, tour the clinic and pay the deposit on the spot should you feel comfortable with what you see. There are people who do that. It's obviously less economically friendly but it gives you a peace of mind.

Anyone in this position would be paranoid. This past May I wired an amount in the thousands to View Clinic in Seoul. I was nervous and having cold sweat while waiting in line at the bank. I know the clinic is legit and it's no longer a question of whether the clinic is legit, its just that...what if I have second thoughts?

Point is, there are only 2 options. Just bite the bullet and transfer away. Or you can fly over to Japan and have a consultation with them first, tour the clinic and pay the deposit on the spot should you feel comfortable with what you see. There are people who do that. It's obviously less economically friendly but it gives you a peace of mind.
Thank you. I really needed to hear this.

I feel the exact same way. "I know the clinic is legit and it's no longer a question of whether the clinic is legit" is so right.

They told me that I can cancel before 30 days for full refund. But after 30 days there are penalities. (Which I'm fine with)

On paper yes. But life is not that simple. Will they refund you with no questions asked? Or will they only process the refund only if you have a good enough reason which they deem fit? I'm not sure about the refund culture in Japan, but in Seoul once they have your money, you're completely at their mercy. If they don't like your reason, they can just not refund you.

On paper yes. But life is not that simple. Will they refund you with no questions asked? Or will they only process the refund only if you have a good enough reason which they deem fit? I'm not sure about the refund culture in Japan, but in Seoul once they have your money, you're completely at their mercy. If they don't like your reason, they can just not refund you.
That's a good point. I'm not sure either. It just says that is the cancellation policy. For me, the problem isn't cancellation policy. It's just the fear of sending the money. Like I said before, I've been following this clinic and doctor for a very long time.

That's a good point. I'm not sure either. It just says that is the cancellation policy. For me, the problem isn't cancellation policy. It's just the fear of sending the money. Like I said before, I've been following this clinic and doctor for a very long time.

Is there any way you can transfer from a credit card account instead of your bank account? Like Paypal for example. Because should anything unfortunate happen or in the event of fraud, you can actually submit a claim and get back your money. It's the bank's money you're transferring, not yours. At least this will set your mind at peace.

Is there any way you can transfer from a credit card account instead of your bank account? Like Paypal for example. Because should anything unfortunate happen or in the event of fraud, you can actually submit a claim and get back your money. It's the bank's money you're transferring, not yours. At least this will set your mind at peace.
I don't have a credit card with a line of credit that high. And I don't think clinics would use Paypal because the % Paypal takes is probably a lot more than the wire transfer fee.

Well then just go for it. There's always a first time. It's either you do it now or don't do plastic surgery at all. Wiring money to Japan is probably safe. And the clinic is in Ginza, a very upmarket district in Tokyo. You can even tour the clinic interior on Google Street View. I say go for it.

Well then just go for it. There's always a first time. It's either you do it now or don't do plastic surgery at all. Wiring money to Japan is probably safe. And the clinic is in Ginza, a very upmarket district in Tokyo. You can even tour the clinic interior on Google Street View. I say go for it.
Yeah, I think so too. Thanks. I'll be back and tell you how it goes :smile: