About to make my first LV purchase... Please help!

1. Well, I'm about to take the plunge. I've saved up and intend to buy my first LV bag this week. I can't wait!

I've been agonizing over which bag to purchase. I've narrowed it down (I think) to a Mono Speedy 25 or 30, or the Lockit. I really like the Lockit, but I'm a little afraid of keeping the vachetta bottom nice. I plan on using this as an every day purse, so I need something that is going to hold up and stay nice. Do you think I should steer clear of the Lockit? :confused1:

The Mono Speedy seems very classic and appropriate as a first bag, but I'm a little bothered by so many fakes... meaning so many people carry fakes of this style, I don't want anyone to think mine is a fake. I'm wondering if I should opt for the Damier Speedy? How do you all feel about paying for authentic mono bags when there are so many people carrying a fake version of the same bag?

If you think there is another bag I should consider instead, please let me know!

Thanks for your help!!!

2. Welcome to the board! I really like the Lockit; I think that would be a good choice! I'm not sure of it being an everyday bag though...

But I think you should get the damier speedy 30...it's low maintenance, and it's a really spacious bag. And it's not as common as the mono speedy, like you said.

3. It's very easy to tell the difference between the fake mono speedy and a real one - especially after it starts getting a patina, so that doesn't bother me a bit. I love running into someone with a fake when I have my real one and watching them drop their eyes in shame - It's like aha! I will say - it's like a club too running into someone with a real one!

I don't think you can go wrong with either the mono speedy 25 or 30, or the Damier Speedy. They are great bags! I would steer clear of the lockit (personally), especially for a first LV bag. And you can always get the handles replaced on your mono speedy, should you decide to, if something happens - I just got mine back, with brand new handles, chads and pull tab - it looks GORGEOUS and only ran $145.00.

My pick - for your first bag would be a mono speedy, with the Damier coming in at a VERY close second.

4. Welcome to PF..

I have some mono bags,I don't care about so many mono fake out there because I know mine are real..
    Fakers fake everything, if I worried too much about that I won't have any bags..

You can get damier speedy or epi speedy...

5. As long as you know yours authentic.. you're good. :biggrin: If you're into a more classic look.. go for the Mono Speedy.. very practical for everyday use.

6. I say speedy 30!

7. Welcome to tPF! :flowers: I know my bag is real and that is all that matters. As for your 1st purchase, I think a Damier or Monogram Speedy 25 or 30 is a wonderful 1st LV!:yes: Try them out at the store and see which one looks bets on you. If you don't have access to a store, check out the Visual Aids thread or the Celebrities with Speedies thread that bagnbags started. There are a lot of great pics of celebs with the mono Speedy there. Good luck!:flowers:

8. welcome to tpf.......
    i'd go for a speedy...... in any size or any line it is a classic.......
    never mind the fakes. they will all burn in bag hell....

9. I say if you like the speedy get the mono first never been a fan of damier but I guess like everyone says it's low maintenance. Also batignolles vertical or horizontal are good as everyday bags.

10. yup..check this one out: no damier yet..:sad:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/celebs-with-lv-speedies-47876.html

11. mono speedy 30 .. i never put fake bags in mind when purchasing any bag

12. Speedy 30!! It is soooo beautiful!!

13. :welcome: Welcome to TPF. You will see less Damier speedy around, so get that if you're worried about having a bag that so many fakers wear. You shouldn't worry so much about the fakers because your real ones will stand out from the rest of the fakers!:jammin:

14. Speedy 30!

15. speedy 30! that's my first lv and good price point, too! very roomy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice