About to make a purchase...Final round of decision making! Need your input!

melissa06

Sep 20, 2006
I saw a thread similar to this earlier. I haven't bought an LV in quite some time, so I'm itching to get something now. I have decided that the Monogram Speedy is my next purchase. But, I cannot decide between a 25 and a 30. I feel like I could go either way. I am 5'2, and pretty petite, so I don't know if that would make any difference. I was going to get the Mini Lin Speedy, but decided that for now, I'd be more satisfied with a monogram, considering how versatile it is. My other monogram bags are older and have held up so well. What do you guys think? Since I know there are so many LV experts in here, I figured y'all could assist such a novice buyer as myself. Thanks!

I guess the bottom line is how much stuff do you need to carry around with you. With the 25 there's less saggage than the 30, but that's easily fixable with a stiff bottom of the 30. Considering your height/weight, the 30 might look a bit overwhelming, but if you're comfortable with that size, then go for it, otherwise, get the 25.

i'd get the 30 because you'd just get to use it for more occassions. however, the 25 looks real good because the bag proportions/dimensions are perfect and would suit you best. i'd also go with the mono, but my heart still yearns for the mini lin dune....but regardless, mono is always the way to go, especially for a speedy -- a classic!

I think for your height, Speedy 25 would be perfect. But then again Speedy 30 would fit a lot more. It depends how much you are planning to carry. I have the same problem too. Can't decide between the mono speedy 25 and 30. But because I am planning to get the Deauville, I think I would get a speedy 25.

I know you said that you decided against the Mini Lin but I say give it a second thought. What I love about it is that you get dark worry free handles and you still get the LV monogram. Plus not everyone has one.

Sammy1778.jpg

considering your 5.2 i think you should get the 25. I have the 25 in damier and its just perfect, not a lot of sag and the 25 can really fit a lot of stuff in!