About to buy my first LV.. had a couple questions to cover all at once.

caitatonic

Sep 2, 2013
I've always wanted a Damier Speedy and convinced myself that I needed something other than my Coach bags. My Coach bags are all on the large side, I tend to like larger bags in general.

First question is regarding size. Speedy 25 is out of the question, but it seems like a toss up between the 30 and 35. I am 5'6", and I didn't want to end up with something that looked too small. No problems always carrying it in my hand or the crook of my arm, if I wanted crossbody or shoulder wear I would just use one of my Coach Isabelles. I like the proportions on the 30 between the length and the handle size, the 35 seems a tad too wide for the handle size but that's hard to judge from a picture. Which do you prefer? I plan on carrying a full size iPad in an Apple Smart Cover, zippy accordion wallet, makeup pouch, glasses case, and iPod zippy case full time.

Next question is, do you prefer Ebene or Azur? I Initially preferred the Azur but started worrying about color transfer, yellowing over time, and protecting the vachetta from our Nebraska rain/snow. I think the Azur is gorgeous but.. not as practical as the Ebene? Ebene looks like it would be great year round and seems lower maintenance? Opinions welcome!

Next question is, living in Nebraska, there isn't a store around here that I would be able to purchase from. Have you ever ordered from louisvuitton.com, if so, how has your experience been?

Edit: I'm leading toward the Speedy 35 in Ebene.

Last edited:
I have a 30 Speedy B in DE and it's a great size. The 30 is very roomy and fits my iPad, wallet, makeup case, phone and sunglasses case. I do have the full size iPad with a Smart Cover on it.

I ended up going with my gut and going with the 35, I have a Coach Lindsey satchel and compared the dimensions - the Lindsey being 15 3/4" x 14 1/4" x 4" compared to Speedy 35 being 13.8" x 9.1" x 7.1". Wish there was a store around here so I could've seen both in person though.

Crossing my fingers, hope I made the right choice :X

I ended up going with my gut and going with the 35, I have a Coach Lindsey satchel and compared the dimensions - the Lindsey being 15 3/4" x 14 1/4" x 4" compared to Speedy 35 being 13.8" x 9.1" x 7.1". Wish there was a store around here so I could've seen both in person though.

You will love the Damier Ebene print such a worry free bag. Keep us posted when it comes in, hope you love it. I have ordered from both the store and online and have had a great experience from both.

happy your about to get you first:
size wise, 30 and 35 will fit your height great, you'd be surprise at how much goes into speedy 30
if you carry heavy things the bag tends to sag the bigger bag the bigger the sag, I think 30 would work fine for you but make sure when you see it cus it's not looking that bigeer but it is...

print: nabraska - DE! why?, easier bag to trat for a first, works in all seasons and goes with most clothing items

where to buy? go to the store, make the time it's a wonderful expiriance and you might as well go and see and compare for yourself what bag would work for you better, maybe you'll find something eles? trust me if it's your first it's worth the trip

hope this helps :smile:

I am sure you will like the new bag. To me the openings are better on 35 and 40. Congrats on ordering your first.

I would go for ebene definitely lower maintenance --- I agree the 35 proportions don't look as nice as the 30 however you're a good height an sounds like you carry a lot I think the 35 would work for you --- you can always return it free and exchange if you think is too big or maybe order them both and return the one you like the least?! LV.com is great never a problem with them :smile: good luck!!!

Oh just saw you already ordered lol :smile: think you make the right decision! :smile: enjoy!!!!

I hope you love your new Speedy, let us know what you think. You can always exchange for the 30 if the 35 is too large.

Congratulations on your Speedy Ebene 35. I LVoe the Damier Ebene. I have the Westminster and she's just so darn carefree. No vachetta and all.

With all that you carry, she is going to sag. I hope the 35 works out for you. If not, just return and exchange for the 30. Personally I think the 35 is too big, but I don't carry a computer in it.

As for ordering from the website - its grrrreat! :ghi5: