About to break ban for third time. Need help!

Shiny - what abt the classic flaps coming in S/S08? Spore will be getting some, right? Heard they come in more colours than black, beige and white.

hey sweetie! i have No idea about which flaps are coming to Singapore, any idea how much they will be? hmmm, i think maybe i should make a trip to Ngee Ann City soon hehee...

How abt dark white or beige caviar jumbo?

I'm not keen with the new 08 reissue collections. Since u have a reissue flap, there is no point having a similar style but in different color. Go for a classic flap then.

Yes I agree no point having another reissue. I would rather get another different bag. I think will find out which colours for the classic flap are hitting Singapore, and try them on IRL then decide.. Thanks dear!

how about the new navy classic flap in lambskin? i've not seen the colour, but i should think the navy would be a nice change from black and since you already have the black reissue, it would be nice to have a classic flap. based on the BG pictures, it seems like there will be navy, yellow, pink, white for the classic flaps in spring.

that said, i know what you mean about different colours but the same bag (re: reissue dilemma), imo, i just see the different colours as reason enough to get them since essentially it's the same thing with the classic flaps and plus i do think the reissues and classic flaps have a much longer staying power than the seasonal bags of varying designs. lastly, maybe you can think of having the reissues in different colours as having a different bag for different occassions - i could see a dark silver/pewter reissue fitting in nicely with the black reissue (sort of day/night thing).

Ooooh navy lambskin! Yeah I think I am def more for a classic flap next, hopefully will be able to get nice colours here! Pink would be sooo gorgeous (I love the one in your avatar btw) and I am such a sucker for any accessory in pink, but it always ends up sitting in my wardrobe unworn!!

Well, I was looking at some magazine the other day and they featured the metallic black, it was like SGD$5,900, close to $6k. The price is astonishing, though I figured it must be for the jumbo sizes?

Anyway, most of their stuff are reserved for their VVIPs. You hardly get to see many nice stuff when you walk into the store. I go in so often and most of the time end up walking out empty handed. Else it will be shoes that I get or accessories. So far, it has been much easier to get the stuff I want from the states then in Singapore. What an irony. Should I say, I am on the wait list in Singapore and I order the stuff from the states, after all the overseas shipping, I still get the items faster from the states.

But I really like the new metallic black, was thinking of getting one, but like ladydeluxe was saying, I am concern about the long term wear and tear on the bag itself. Thus, I am going to continue with my hunt on the baby cabas, though I know its totally impossible. Maybe on impulse get the timeless clutch. :smile: Looking forward to the new spring summer colors for their ballet flats though. I am totally in love with their flats.

Hello! Sigh, I don't do white very well, although I think the classic white flap is gorgeous... But I think I will wait for all the bags for S/S08 to be out before I do decide

Yes I bought my first Chanel (black reissue) here, no choice cos I fell in love immediately when I laid eyes on her. Plus (if the SA was to be believed) only 2 pcs came in and she remembered (from MONTHS ago) that I'd called to ask about a matte reissue, heh. It IS def expensive over here. There was already a price hike anyways, so I would say if you reaaaally want to get one just get one, don't wait. The prices will always be going up.

Having said that, if you get the chance to travel around (or get in touch w some of the SAs in the US), look or ask around because I think the range here is v limited as well. Which classic do you want to get?

Hi Shiny,

I am looking at the medium black caviar classic flap with gold hardware. Sg Chanel is selling it at SGD 3950 (i know its crazy). My husband is currently in LA and I phone him to get one from him over there.. it definitely will be cheap than in Singapore.. but I am afraid he might not get the correct one (well, you know guys..)

i might not wait and try to get it within this week.. i missed the previous price hike.. dun want to go thru it again..

Anyway, most of their stuff are reserved for their VVIPs. You hardly get to see many nice stuff when you walk into the store. I go in so often and most of the time end up walking out empty handed. Else it will be shoes that I get or accessories. So far, it has been much easier to get the stuff I want from the states then in Singapore. What an irony. Should I say, I am on the wait list in Singapore and I order the stuff from the states, after all the overseas shipping, I still get the items faster from the states.

Awww...sorry to hear about this angelsky, "stuff being reserved for their VVIPs" and not even being able to see them is beyond absurd!

If that happened in the States, an attorney would file a discrimination suit on behalf of their client and it would definitely be warranted. The States is a litigious society and the practice of blatant discrimination,i.e. "lists reserved for their VVIPs" would never fly in the States.:nogood:

Hi, sorry to side-tracked a little... haha.. my husband just got my medium black caviar classic for me from beverly hill! however, i just wish to double-confirm that he is getting the correct one.. the price is USD 2350 (before tax) and article no. 1112. Is that the medium size one?

by the way, he told me that there is a dark silver reissue there!! argh! i want that too!

Thanks ladies!

Well, I was looking at some magazine the other day and they featured the metallic black, it was like SGD$5,900, close to $6k. The price is astonishing, though I figured it must be for the jumbo sizes?

But I really like the new metallic black, was thinking of getting one, but like ladydeluxe was saying, I am concern about the long term wear and tear on the bag itself. Thus, I am going to continue with my hunt on the baby cabas, though I know its totally impossible. Maybe on impulse get the timeless clutch. :smile: Looking forward to the new spring summer colors for their ballet flats though. I am totally in love with their flats.

Ooh ooh I just saw the new metallic black w gold hw at the Ngee Ann City store yest! Some lady was looking at it... I think it was either size 227 or 228, looked huge. It's pretty nice, more bling cos of the metallic sheen leather and the gold hw.

I asked about the classic flaps they were bringing in, but for some unfathomable reason apparently they're only ordering the lambskin in navy (there was one in the store), pink (pretty colour!), white and yellow. I don't think I want to get one in lambskin, I'd worry too much. Need something more hardy... Oh I've wanted the black patent timeless clutch for ages! Hmmm maybe I shd get it first hehe...

Ooh thank you! Yes a white flap was def one of my top choices, but I was worried about maintaining the colour. I usually don't carry light coloured bags, but most of the girls who have one seem to have no problem!

I don't either... but the white caviar flap is pretty much indestructable. And since you live in Singapore where it's tropical you can pretty much wear it all year round!!!! Might I add it looks real cute when you match it with the white j12! :P