Which Mia

• Mia Khaki colour

• Mia brown

Results are only viewable after voting.

NewStyle

O.G.
Nov 18, 2009
Hey guys,

So I got a PCE in the mail yesterday and I had no intention of buying anything until spring but this seems too good to give up lol. Since I'm not one to make a coach purchase without your input I hope you can help me decide between these two Mia's...

I reallllllllllllly love the khaki one but my concern is getting it dirty (I'm kinda rough on my bags) and I do love the brown bag (just not as much lol) but I already have a brown bag.

Attachments

• mia maggie.jpg
    mia maggie.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 332
  • mia maggie brown.jpg
    mia maggie brown.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 316
If your concern is getting it dirty because you're "kinda rough" on your bags as you put it, I'd go with the brown version. And if you must have the khaki one, don't forget to get a bottle of the Coach fabric cleaner. I heard it does wonders.

I voted brown (see my avatar!!!!) b/c I just got this bag at Macy's with the F&F discount.....DH bought it for me for Xmas, but I am picking it up tomorrow and PRAYING he will let me have her!!!!!!!!!!!! I do love the khaki, too, but like you, I would be concerned about getting it dirty.....I have gotten plenty of stains off light fabric Coach bags no problem with their signature cleaner though....I say go with the one you LOVE more!!!!! Good luck :smile:

If you want the khaki, get the khaki! I personally like the mahogany better (especially since it has the sparkly lurex outline to the C's), but you should get the one that YOU like better. Since it can easily be cleaned with fabric cleaner, I wouldn't worry at all about getting it dirty. If it were suede or metallic leather I would be more concerned, but with jacquard I wouldn't worry one bit.

If you want the khaki, get the khaki! I personally like the mahogany better (especially since it has the sparkly lurex outline to the C's), but you should get the one that YOU like better. Since it can easily be cleaned with fabric cleaner, I wouldn't worry at all about getting it dirty. If it were suede or metallic leather I would be more concerned, but with jacquard I wouldn't worry one bit.

ITA, get what you love!

Sorry, if I'm hijacking this thread a bit, but what coach purses can't be cleaned?

Unfortunately, the care for every Coach purse is different. There is a care card with instructions inside each one and I recommend you keep it.

Most of the jacquard bags (a.k.a. Signature or Op Art) can take the fabric cleaner. If you have a bag with Lurex (the sparkly stuff) like the gold outline on the Mahogany Signature Mia Maggie, you can't use the cleaner on the Lurex parts because it will remove the sparkly finish (but you can use it on the non-lurex portions). Most of the embellished jacquards (mainly Poppy) can't take the cleaner.

You can't clean sateen bags with any Coach cleaner.

For leather, some bags can take the Coach leather cleaner and moisturizer. Most of the Kristin line can take it and I know the gathered Sophias can, as well. You really need to check the care card to know which ones can and can't, though. Any leather with a pebbled finish or shiny/ metallic finish usually can't because the cleaner will dull the finish. Most of the current Coach bags can't take the cleaners because they are using more exotic finishes.

The soft sparkle leather (like the Shimmer Putty Mia Maggie or the Op Art Embossed Champagne Sophia and some Poppy) can't be cleaned with anything, and is an absolute dirt magnet.

Suede can't take cleaners at all.

If you are wondering about specific bags, feel free to post questions here or search for previous discussion.

HTH!

Unfortunately, the care for every Coach purse is different. There is a care card with instructions inside each one and I recommend you keep it.

Most of the jacquard bags (a.k.a. Signature or Op Art) can take the fabric cleaner. If you have a bag with Lurex (the sparkly stuff) like the gold outline on the Mahogany Signature Mia Maggie, you can't use the cleaner on the Lurex parts because it will remove the sparkly finish (but you can use it on the non-lurex portions). Most of the embellished jacquards (mainly Poppy) can't take the cleaner.

For leather, some bags can take the Coach leather cleaner and moisturizer. Most of the Kristin line can take it and I know the gathered Sophias can, as well. You really need to check the care card to know which ones can and can't, though. Any leather with a pebbled finish or shiny/ metallic finish usually can't because the cleaner will dull the finish. Most of the current Coach bags can't take the cleaners because they are using more exotic finishes.

The soft sparkle leather (like the Shimmer Putty Mia Maggie or the Op Art Embossed Champagne Sophia and some Poppy) can't be cleaned with anything, and is an absolute dirt magnet.

If you are wondering about specific bags, feel free to post questions here or search for previous discussion.

HTH!

OH MY! Thank you for the info. Just yesterday I was at the store again this time looking at the Mia Sophia in "silken santeen"... if you can't use the fabric cleaner I wonder how you're suppose to clean.

Attachments

• sohpia.jpg
    sohpia.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 308

HTH!

Thanks for the great advice. I just received the Madison lurex zebra large wristlet for my birthday today. The care card that came with my wristlet stated that I could not use any coach cleaning products on my wristlet. I was wondering if my wristlet gets dirty how would I go about cleaning it?