About "the letter"

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I tried to do a search for this but the search engine wasn't equipped for it.

I don't think I'm in danger of receiving "this letter" although I think I bought enough during the coupon blitz to become a card carrying member of the coach section of tPF. ANYWAY!

When people say the letter is sent if one's Coach buying habits are suspicious, and people are banned from buying again, isit a lifetime ban? That just seems weird.

There have been several threads about this, they MAY get closed due to getting heated sometimes so maybe they don't come UP in the search??

I say this because you get someone on here who got "the letter" and they've been buying tons of the same bag, thousands of $$$ worth at a time and they "don't understand why" they got "the letter." Otherwise, I have seen this title for a thread I believe. I THINK it's a lifetime BAN, but you've got to figure that during the coupons they've got to expect the crazy amounts being purchsed! When I was at the outlet in Aurora last Friday night I saw a GUY running into the store w/ a large OUTLET shopping bag brimming with stuff...the first thing that came to my mind was RE-SELLER. He was young and looked rushed, this bag was OVERLOADED and I thought to myself, gee the bay actions must not have went well for him, but I could've been wrong!!! Maybe he got a PA like they wouldn't give alot of us!!! LOL

If you do a search based on the word letter or banned, many threads will come up related to this topic. (Unfortunately many more unrelated threads will also come up, but if you're really motivated though you can find a lot about the letter.)

Here are the links I found quickly:

COACH Corp STINKS

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/being-banned-from-coach-stores-did-you-read-94772.html

My Experience with the "Letter"

Do you work at Coach? I have a question

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/got-a-letter-from-coach-426003.html

happy reading!
jess

That guy must have been hilarious to see.

When I searched for <<the letter>> it told me it couldn't, insufficient terms or something like that.

The whole concept of the letter just didn't make sense to me.

That guy must have been hilarious to see.

When I searched for <<the letter>> it told me it couldn't, insufficient terms or something like that.

The whole concept of the letter just didn't make sense to me.

Maybe it doesn't like the phrase "the letter"?

I just tried clicking on the "search this forum" link and typing just the word "letter" and it came back with a ton of threads. Also tried "banned" and it worked fine too. (I am not including the "" in the search. Just the word.)

Also are you just searching this forum or the entire TPF? It might be too general of a search for all of TPF and that could be why you would get an error.

I have a question myself that may or may not be related---why do SAs at the register sometimes ask if you're at the same address as listed in the computer system? I'd always assumed it was in case they wanted to send you a PCE or something. But after reading these letter threads, I'm wondering if it's a way to reinforce tracking your purchase record. Is it a bad thing if they ask for your address?

And how much returning is too much?? I've bought more than usual this summer in small batches, and I'm planning on returning probably two bags before the end of this month. I don't want to get a letter!!

CornflakeGirl I don't think it's any of those things I think computers just hate me. Actually I did put "the" in so that may have been it.

Funny one of my son's nickname is Cornflake.

The SA's at my outlet ALWAYS ask me my info, and for some ODD reason it's NEVER stored!!! I get emails, I get PCE, I get the 20% OFF coupons but they can NEVER pull me up by name!!! They DO ask this info to find out not only where their customers are coming from, but to track purchases (mostly those without receipts or other "shady" returns/exchanges.) You don't need to worry that you're going to get the "letter" unless you are buying in bulk (and I'm talking 3-4 bags of the same style/color) things that would flag you as a re-seller OR as trying to gain merchandise credit or refunds that were not really DUE you.

I've bought and returned bags, accessories, got price adjustments on MANY occassions and nothing. They always say "take it home, you can always return if you don't like." Unless you're truly doing something that's not legit or doing things constantly that appear to be non-legit I wouldn't worry about them asking for your updated info!!!

I have a question myself that may or may not be related---why do SAs at the register sometimes ask if you're at the same address as listed in the computer system? I'd always assumed it was in case they wanted to send you a PCE or something. But after reading these letter threads, I'm wondering if it's a way to reinforce tracking your purchase record. Is it a bad thing if they ask for your address?

And how much returning is too much?? I've bought more than usual this summer in small batches, and I'm planning on returning probably two bags before the end of this month. I don't want to get a letter!!

Thanks lovecoachmore! If that's the case, then I'm in the clear (I'm just an uber paranoid person I guess, haha). I've been wondering about the address thing and that's good to know now.

I wonder why the outlet doesn't have some way of limiting purchases in a way because every time I go, I see quite a few people loading up big outlet bags with tons of bags- and many duplicates. I am talking about these people spending about $2,000 or more on bags. Also, half of these suspicious people are men.

I hate that re-sellers buy up the good bags only to re-sell them on ebay while those of us who are true Coach fans (dare I say addicts) can't get the bag they want for that reason.