? About my new 07 Day

pink1

O.G.
Nov 29, 2007
Hi! This is only my 2nd Bal so I am still learning! I purchased an 07 Black day from HG Bags. I received it today. I will spare you the details of the hair filled inside (let's just say it was a gross clean up job!). Anyway the tassels are starting to split. A. Is that to be expected? B. Does it matter? C. Should I be upset it wasn't mentioned in the listing. There are a back up set of tassels but they have been in their little bag so long I don't think they will ever lay flat!

Thanks for all the help!!! I'm really excited about the bag but trying not to be disappointed about the inside and the tassels.

congrats on your bag - at least it was easy to clean up on the inside!
tassel splitting is a fact of b-bag life, sorry to say. you shouldn't let it ruin your enjoyment of the bag. plus, you have spares, which BAL doesn't even supply anymore with the new bags...

2007 was one of the best years for BAL leather and i think you got a great bag. hopefully, with a little tlc you'll be able to enjoy her!!

I have an 07 black day too, and I bought it brand new from the boutique but when I received it the tassles have all pretty much split too. Same with my other 07 bags. If you can get your hands on a spare like one of the newer ones, they are not suppose to split as fast because of the new glue they are using.

Congrats!!! And good luck finding a new pair of tassles!!

Congrats on scoring a 07 Black! that is a stunning bag, perfect leather!
Don't worry about the tassels, that's typical from Balenciaga, you can buy
black tassels for nothing in any Bal store. If you don't have access to any
boutique, you can order them by phone!
The dirty inside is probably due to the fact that Erica from ****** just
had a baby and she was away from work until today. Probably, she couldn't
even check the bag before sending it! she's a sweetheart seller and very
careful with every detail.
So, don't get upset for that and enjoy your beauty! many congrats!

Why are we all so quick to defend Erica for not checking the bag before sending. I would have had the exact same reaction as the OP. Hair in a bag is majorly disgusting! Splitting tassels I get, but that should have been disclosed in the listing.

I know plenty of people with children who can still run their business without letting important details slide. If you can't multi-task then perhaps you shouldn't be in business to start with.

I think you should send her an email, mention these details, and see what she offers in apology.

I understand that, but when bags come into the shop they should be inspected inside and out prior to selling. Obviously this bag was overlooked, whether by Erica or someone she delegated responsibility to while she was on leave. The OP deserves compensation for the lack of inspection/disclosure IMO.

I state this from a business owners perspective; I help my sister (who has 3 children 13 and under so has to reply on the help of employees) run her business, and every item received into the store is thoroughly inspected prior to selling. Yes, we do overlook things and life circumstances occur, but that doesn't mean a customer shouldn't be upset when a sale goes awry.

The OP has stated her disappointment and should convey that to Erica versus be told here that it's all par for the course. I am sure Erica will handle the situation graciously. All I'm saying is the OP, as the paying customer, has a right to be disappointed and state that to the consumer/seller.

Last edited:
Oh gosh I hope I didn't upset anyone! I just wish for $900 the inside would have been clean.

Thanks for the tip on contacting Bal for new tassels. I will do that!

^And you should expect that it would have been clean, and have a right to contact Erica to let her know about the hair on the inside and the lack of disclosure about the split tassels. Had this info been known, would you have still purchased the bag?

Erica is a huge presence here on the forum and her loyal customers are very quick to rise to her defense. That's fine, but it doesn't excuse an oversight on her part. If they were in your situation I'm pretty certain the feelings would be mutual.

Let me say that I'm a huge fan of Erica's and a very satisfied customer - and the reason I am is because she's always been incredibly professional. She's one lady who truly understands that the happiness and satisfaction of her customers is paramount, and she'll do a lot to ensure that. I absolutely love dealing with her.

I would say that this is one unfortunate oversight on her part. Most times, this would not happen with her. So, I'm inclined to say that it was due to the arrival of her baby which - as all mothers know - can be a harrowing period where your life is turned upside down. I would say, don't let this one incident define her because Erica's not like that.

However, as a customer, pink1, you do have rights. I would suggest you write to Erica to let her know the condition the bag arrived in - it's unacceptable that the bag should be full of hair, and split tassels (while the problem can be easily fixed) need to be disclosed. I'm sure you wouldn't have gotten the bag or paid that much if you knew it had hair in it or split tassels - and I'm sure everyone here would not, as well. And I'm sure Erica would be mortified to learn that she didn't check the bag closely and it arrived to you in that condition. So, do let her know - and let her do right by you. I'm sure she would want to know too.

People are sticking up for Erica because they know her as a business lady and a friend. Which means... she is good at what she does and there was a reason for the slip up.
Yes, the bag should have been checked. Yes, the hair should have been taken out. But I can't tell you how many times my 6 year old has put her hair thingys into the bottom of my purse and they have gone to clutter heaven only to be found months later when I am cleaning out my purse.
Erica should say "Im sorry for the mess up" and move on, not compensate financially which is being implied. She got an awesome bag for a great price.
And fwiw, the tassels do shred on this bag. I know because I had one. :biggrin:

I understand that, but when bags come into the shop they should be inspected inside and out prior to selling. Obviously this bag was overlooked, whether by Erica or someone she delegated responsibility to while she was on leave. The OP deserves compensation for the lack of inspection/disclosure IMO.

I state this from a business owners perspective; I help my sister (who has 3 children 13 and under so has to reply on the help of employees) run her business, and every item received into the store is thoroughly inspected prior to selling. Yes, we do overlook things and life circumstances occur, but that doesn't mean a customer shouldn't be upset when a sale goes awry.

The OP has stated her disappointment and should convey that to Erica versus be told here that it's all par for the course. I am sure Erica will handle the situation graciously. All I'm saying is the OP, as the paying customer, has a right to be disappointed and state that to the consumer/seller.

^^Gosh you guys have made me feel terrible for posting my experience. I promise to stay far away from this forum.

This has been resolved and i consider this matter closed. I'm sorry if I insulted someone and their friendship. I now know better to post here and will just keep my mouth shut.

^^Gosh you guys have made me feel terrible for posting my experience. I promise to stay far away from this forum.

This has been resolved and i consider this matter closed. I'm sorry if I insulted someone and their friendship. I now know better to post here and will just keep my mouth shut.

Awww, I'm sorry you feel this way! I think we all have a right to post experiences we have within this forum. The Balenciaga forum has been a terrific resource for me and I've met a lot of lovely people who are generous with their time and experiences, so I do hope you come back. I'm glad your matter was resolved. I wish you all the best with Balenciaga purchases & others in the future :smile: I hope they are more positive than this experience has been.