about metallic first!!

e_pinpin

Miss Penne' Cotta
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
ladies, i have some questions about the first in metallic colors!! and i need ur help!! :yes:

- how much did they cost when they first come out? were they more expensive than the regular (non-metallic) colors??

- will they turn into weird colors (like yellowish) after a while??

- what do u prefer, magenta metallic or orange metallic???

- from the previous question, do u think the color's really practical and easy to go with any outfits?

thx really with all my heart:love:

sorry, can't remember their prices... anyone??

I don't think they'll change color after a while, altho my SA said it might get a little less metallic after a while due to rubbing the bag against your body/clothes, but if you're careful with your bag, then I think it should be fine.

between the 2, I'd go for metallic magenta, I've seen the orange in IRL (mini twiggy) and I don't like it. I loved the metallic red, went hunting for a city but found only firsts and shoulder (altho my DH said with the metallic red, I'll look like a christmas tree!?!). I've since given up on the red and got myself a metallic pink Day and I love it!! I find pink really easy to match, but I think you might have more problems with magenta and orange? Also, with magenta and orange, I think the smaller bags look nicer (eg. shoulder or firsts) cos they're really really bright, just my $0.02 worth :P

- how much did they cost when they first come out? were they more expensive than the regular (non-metallic) colors??
i don't quite remember, i got my red metallic mini twiggy from 2005 xmas edition though.

- will they turn into weird colors (like yellowish) after a while??
not on mine, but if they got rubbed a lot, the metallic will kinda fade away. on mine, the problem happens mostly on the shoulder handle because it rubbs a lot.

- what do u prefer, magenta metallic or orange metallic???
i'll go with red :P

- from the previous question, do u think the color's really practical and easy to go with any outfits?
it'll go well for me to go at nights, it's kinda too difficult for day.

I love the Metallic b-bags so much that I have three of them - all in the First size :yahoo:

I have a Red, Pewter and Pink (pale pink not Magenta) :graucho:

The Red is very, very striking :nuts: and in any bigger size I think it would be too much. I have seen the Magenta and the Orange IRL and they both have the same really striking effect - really "Wow!!!". Neither would be that easy to match but would look stunning with jeans with a black or white or very neutral top IMO. Or dressed up with a black outfit for the evening :drool:

Of Magenta and Orange my personal preference is for the Magenta :love: Prices wre the same as regular so 995 USD for you guys in the US......

The colour on the underside of the handles will gradually rub a little but the rest of the bag should be fine - I have had no problems at all :yes:

I hope this helps! Let us know what you decide :flowers:

thx peppy, eping, seahorseinstripes, and blachlfen

i've seen both IRL and the orange looks kinda goldish which makes it easier to match with outfit cuz it doesn't stand out as much as the magenta

but the thing is i'm really more like a pink(ish) girl and orange isn't my cup of tea so i know i'll be having problems matching the magenta with what i wear..

so here goes my dilemma.... :sad:

then the metallic pink!!! there was one on ebay not too long ago, was it sold? I love the metallic pink! I almost sold my day, then decided that it's a keeper after all :heart: :heart:

I have a number of the Metallics:
  • '04/'05 - Rouge Metallic Makeup & Shoulder
  • '04/'05 - Magenta Metallic City
  • '04/'05 - Orange Metallic Shoulder
No, I haven't found that the color changes in any way ... however, you should be aware of the fact that since the hardware on this year/season was "painted" the same color, it can chip (this was not the case in the other metallic lines because Balenciaga no longer painted the hardware).

I LOVE them!!! Cost ... the City would have been $1195 at the time; can't remember how much the Makeup was (purchased in the UK) and the Shoulder's were $695-$775 (again - some were purchased in the UK, so I'm including the exchange rate).