About Louis Vuitton Key Cles / Key Pouch Quality

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I ordered the key cles online some time ago and received one that's out of shape (very uneven sides) so I returned it. I was disappointed because I thought I would love it like most people, but it just didn't look like it was worth the money.

I totally forgot about it then, and few days ago I was browsing on their website and I thought I'd give it another shot, so I ordered it again online. The price had 45 CAD increase then when I first ordered it.

I received it today, and although it's not out of shape, it's still not quite even on both sides. It doesn't bother me as much as the previous one so I am keeping it, but what do you guys think about this?

I thought for 245 CAD at least they'd make it even on both sides, but it just looks like it's been eyeballed when they were sewed. The logos meet on each side, but I am talking about the shape. I was surprised that I couldn't find any comments about it online.

I am sure it's because it's "handmade", but for the price I am sure they could do better then eyeballing. I've seen some pictures of authentic cles online where they are really uneven on each side. Am being super OCD? I would like to hear your opinions! xo

2. Can you post pics?

missanne likes this.
  3. Post is a pic so we can have a look at it for you!:smile:

4. Sorry about your experience.

5. I know what you're talking about. I found it odd when I first bought mine, but it doesn't bother me anymore. The form and function are still there and they more than make up for the imperfection. :biggrin:

It seems pretty common, though. I have three key pouches in canvas and I don't think any of them are perfect. :shrugs:

6. I don't think any cles with gold hardware is worth it. The quality is subpar

7. I ordered one about a year ago and one side was torn at the seam. It seems like a useful piece but I don't think the quality is on par. Also want impressed with the dullness of the hardware.

8. Thanks everyone for the reply! :smile:

I ordered more SLGs (or should I say small canvas goods) and it looks like there's an issue with LV's quality control. (Someone on youTube said that the online boutique have a tendency for poor quality control, so maybe this is the case.)

I got the round coin purse and the leather piece is not even evenly sewed on, and there are glue spots so I could feel that it's sticky everywhere in the canvas. I am going to exchange this and see if I can get a proper one. I am just a bit disappointed in LV.. I feel like their quality has gone downhill.

Increase in price and decrease in quality. WHY...:pout:

9. Well, like we said, pictures would have been helpful...

10. I ordered a cles on ebay with the date code CT3114 and the dust bag is a little bit larger and so now I'm worried that I didn't purchase an authentic one

11. Post in the authentification thread.