About Hermes Himalayan Crocodile Birkin

Himalayan crocodile originates from Jupiter. Landed on earth 150 years ago in the amazon Forrest and looks more like a platypus than a crocodile. Then mr Hermes thought one day, it would make nice handbag. But first, he had to offer lots of gold to Inca Lord Mala.

So the bag now call hi mala ya, after the inca lord. That is why the price is very high. Hope that answers your question....

But for a more "accurate" description, try the search function.... And welcome to the forum.

himalayan crocodile originates from jupiter. Landed on earth 150 years ago in the amazon forrest and looks more like a platypus than a crocodile. Then mr hermes thought one day, it would make nice handbag. But first, he had to offer lots of gold to inca lord mala.

So the bag now call hi mala ya, after the inca lord. That is why the price is very high. Hope that answers your question....

But for a more "accurate" description, try the search function.... And welcome to the forum.

lol

interesting :thinking:

Himalayan crocodile originates from Jupiter. Landed on earth 150 years ago in the amazon Forrest and looks more like a platypus than a crocodile. Then mr Hermes thought one day, it would make nice handbag. But first, he had to offer lots of gold to Inca Lord Mala.

:lol:

EdinaChu - but I thought they were from Venus...

Sorry. Me bad. It was unfair of me to poke fun at new members.... I promise to try not to do it again....

If you have not already done so, the himalaya is the colour/pattern design on the matte croc, with himalaya being referenced to the snow capped mountains... Not the origin of the over grown gecko.

and if I was cynical (never!) I would say that because the corners on matte croc gets dirty so easily that H thought it would be a good idea if they darken it before it leaves the shop.

Price? Maybe due to the process... Only slightly more than matte croc? Not been fortunate enough to be offered one by the boutique... So not sure of exact price.

Edina you funny woman you !!!!!! Wonderful darling , in terms of himalaya true there is a lot of info on it as a quick view Himalayan is not a true color it is a chemical process to matte convert color and depress the skin it is very hard to create because as you can imagine the skin is delicate to begin with Hermes is not making many of them because of the process and because they are meant to be rare I hope you can find many of the threads on this matter , and welcome .

I will admit upfront not having the time (or inclination at the moment) to research the origin of the himi croc birkin here or elsewhere but am wondering if it comes from a "true" himilayan croc beast? Himilayan is a genetic trait- it is most obvious on the siamese breed and himilayan persians. On the cooler parts of the body, the gene expresses color- on the face, ears, tail, paws. I would love to see a himi croc (if such an animal exists) in the wild not made into a bag.