? about hailey

just some thoughts from a relative newbie to this brand :P
i love it!
size is very important to me, and i love the new leather (softer and lets me fit more stuff than the older hailey that i also tried out)! BUT i returned mine recently and regret it now!!! i think i will buy it again! it's a perfect going-out bag size because i like to carry extra makeup :P and big sunglasses case, along with my large wristlet and uni. case w/phone!

too small to load it up with TOO much stuff so it's pretty light and comfy when worn. stays on my shoulder and looks so cute nestled under my arm (great for rainy days when you dont want a big bag sticking outside of your umbrella's coverage-range) and because of its smallish-size, when worn cross-body, it doesn't jut out too far out from my hip to worry me (i worry about walking too close to something and scratching my bag on a rough wall/surface!).

I think Hailey convertible bag is awesome! I like the shoulder or crossbody option, the full zip closure, lightweight and Madison leather or sateen fabric. Unfortunately it did not work out for me. After I put all my stuff the thin strap dug into my shoulder and the cross body strap was too long on me and dug into my shoulder. I also prefer a semi structured bag. I tried new bag at the store and found same results. I really wanted to like it. Guess I am used to wide straps like on Zoe or Carly shoulder bags.

Lots of people love it!!!

I now have two of the older versions and LOVE them. This bag is way smaller than I typically like, but somehow it fits all I need and looks really cute when worn crossbody. It's comfortable and doesn't hurt my shoulder when out shopping all day. It's a great bag and I wish I had a couple more!!!

I just got a Hailey a few days ago & am thinking about getting another since I like it so much! I am not really a shoulder bag fan but I think she looks cute on the shoulder & crossbody. A great size too, holds all my daily carry with a bit extra space.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag. I just got my second one! It fits surprisingly more than you would think, hangs nicely on my shoulder, and is easy to get in and out of. I have previously had the large kristin hobo and large sophia, and everything I carried in them fits very nicely into the hailey.

Did you do it???

I have the cherry Hailey too and I have a confession. Tomorrow night I am taking it back to the store to do a comparison with the paprika Katarina. The colors seem very similar to me and I just want to do a comparison. I like so much about the Hailey better: the size and shape of the bag itself, I think it's a great size for me, love the cross body option and love the gold hardware. I already have a ton of similarly shaped bags to the Katarina, and the price is better - I got the Hailey for $198.

The only thing about the Katarina that is drawing me in is the patent in the paprika color. I'm really hoping Hailey wins out but I have to check.

I cut the tags and carried it today and I have to say that I love it. I had the paprika katrina and returned it because of a defect, I tired another one and it was defective too so it went back and I didn't try another one. the color of the paprika is kind of a marbled color, some spots are reddish and some are more of an orange color, at least the two that I had. I hope hailey wins.

My daughter has two Haileys. You know that it is a popular and successful style because they have produced new versions over the last two years. It isn't super huge but it holds enough. My daughter has gotten loads of compliments. I think the way it slouches works better than for any of the other Coach bags. If you can fit all your stuff in it, there is no reason not to keep it.

I'm glad you decided to keep her. I have three Haileys now (two old and one new version) and if there were more colors I loved I'd get more. I really love the leather on the new version even better than the old.

I'm more of a small/medium bag fan and the hailey absolutely fits all of my needs. Also, when I'm road tripping for the day and a passenger I can shove my Nook Color into it and have all my fave books right with me. I typically don't zip my bags so this does allow me for more cram room, but really I don't carry much and LOVE Hailey...trying to decide which color to get in the leather..... :wondering:wondering

I cut the tags and carried it today and I have to say that I love it. I had the paprika katrina and returned it because of a defect, I tired another one and it was defective too so it went back and I didn't try another one. the color of the paprika is kind of a marbled color, some spots are reddish and some are more of an orange color, at least the two that I had. I hope hailey wins.

Cherry Hailey won unanimously - all the SA's liked her better, and I have to admit, whenever I take it out I'm always amazed at how gorgeous it is - to me it didn't stand a chance next to the Katarina.

I was wearing my wine Ashlyn tonight and in some regards it is a very similar bag to the Katarina so that was another strike against it, but the Ashlyn for me is better - more original and hangs beautifully - the Katarina is another Carly redux.

Happy to say Cherry Hailey came back home with me. :biggrin: