Abnormal wear on the hardware of a new Speedy B

DeerBank

Aug 5, 2017
Hi ladies! I got a new speedy b 30 in the damier azur a month ago from the boutique and I can't help to notice that the coating on the ring (where you can attach the strap) has been rubbing off and showing the black undertone, which is comparable with my other around 3 year old LV bags. The zipper is extremely difficult to pull unless you straighten it up with one hand and pull at the same time with the other. Another problem is the button hole on the strap shows mini cracks along the radial directions. Pictures are attached below.

I've only been using it for 3-4 times with moderate items packed. To me, the wear developed seems way too fast and obvious. I emailed costumer service and they suggested that I brought the bag back to the boutique for inspection. I wonder if this type of wear and tear has become a normal thing for Louis Vuitton these days as the quality issues has been brought up repeatedly. Or is it abnormal and I should ask for a repair or exchange? Thank you in advance!

1907860534.jpg 1542739457.jpg 947745736.jpg 1114271205.jpg

I’m assuming you can’t just rub the black parts off? Yes, I’d take it to the store, that’s unusual to me.
Unfortunately, it can't be rubbed off. I think it's the golden-color coating coming off. The only concern is if this has become normal for resent items, it wouldn't take long to get the same wear even if I got it replaced:sad:
Thanks for the advice!

The holes don't bother me but the black stuff on the metal seems odd-yes, whenever they offer to inspect something you've purchased, take them up on it asap. Repair is fine if they offer it for free.

Reactions: p3b
The holes don't bother me but the black stuff on the metal seems odd-yes, whenever they offer to inspect something you've purchased, take them up on it asap. Repair is fine if they offer it for free.
Thank you! With you ladies saying this, I'm starting to feel repairing is a must...

Hi ladies! I got a new speedy b 30 in the damier azur a month ago from the boutique and I can't help to notice that the coating on the ring (where you can attach the strap) has been rubbing off and showing the black undertone, which is comparable with my other around 3 year old LV bags. The zipper is extremely difficult to pull unless you straighten it up with one hand and pull at the same time with the other. Another problem is the button hole on the strap shows mini cracks along the radial directions. Pictures are attached below.

I've only been using it for 3-4 times with moderate items packed. To me, the wear developed seems way too fast and obvious. I emailed costumer service and they suggested that I brought the bag back to the boutique for inspection. I wonder if this type of wear and tear has become a normal thing for Louis Vuitton these days as the quality issues has been brought up repeatedly. Or is it abnormal and I should ask for a repair or exchange? Thank you in advance!

View attachment 4124035 View attachment 4124036 View attachment 4124037 View attachment 4124038
Your D ring needs to be polished. Get some elbow grease and a soft clothe and go at it for a few minutes. It should make a significant difference.

The leather strap looks normal.

There is a product called “Never-Dull” that will take away the scuffs on the d-ring and restore the shine on it. You just rub the scuffed area for a few minutes and it will look like new. This is in case LV doesn’t replace the d-ring for you.

Reactions: Lala523
Your D ring needs to be polished. Get some elbow grease and a soft clothe and go at it for a few minutes. It should make a significant difference.

The leather strap looks normal.

Thanks for the advices. Actually the D rings looks exactly like the ones on my other LV bags except they didn't show the wear until months of use, definitely not after only three times. That makes me wonder if it is a defect on this particular item that could lead to heavy peeling off. If this type of wear is becoming a normal problem now, meaning an exchange wouldn't help much, I'll just live with it and polish with the grease might be the best choice.

I think its inevitable for the hardware to turn like that. My cles' key chain looks like that only after few days of use. I thought it was normal.
You actually brought me to check on the key ring of my two year old cles. I can see scratches, but not even close to what happened to the D rings of my new bag

You can actually take it into the store and they can shine it for you. I was out shopping recently and dropped by a store. The SA told me they actually had their repairs person out the back so she took my speedy strap and I got it back in about 5 minutes. :biggrin:

Don't think that would remove the black marks though, so I think they'd need to replace those for you. It is not normal for just 1 month.

Forgot to ask them while I was there if it would be okay to use jewellery cleaning lotion for dull hardware. Would anyone here know?