Abigail...

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Saw this bag today...irl!!!
It was a beige color... Looked sorta pebble like leather...

How does this bag feel on the shoulder?
My concern would be the rolled handles... I had a lockit H (lv) and the rolled handles killed the shoulders...

To me Abigail feels great on the shoulders!
She's a beautiful bag and I love the clean lines along the top of the bag.
I'm hell bent on making Abigail work for me.
So far I feel like she does nothing for my figure, and so far I think I really don't care.
I'm on a diet to do something for my figure. Why should the handbags suffer, too?

Rolled handles were my concern too. I ended up with the bordeaux and couldn't be happier. It's a beautiful bag and very comfortable to wear. I don't buy a bag unless I can wear it on my shoulder, I am a shoulderbag only gal. Hope this helps you.

grannytoabbi said:
Rolled handles were my concern too. I ended up with the bordeaux and couldn't be happier. It's a beautiful bag and very comfortable to wear. I don't buy a bag unless I can wear it on my shoulder, I am a shoulderbag only gal. Hope this helps you.

Do they slip off your shoulder??

What are the light colors, like a beige?? Sorry i don't have access to my laptop and viewing coach on my ph is more then annoying...

I really like my Abigail. My biggest problem seems to be finding stuff in their as it's one big open area and I'm always digging around. But no problems with the shoulder straps. The two lightest colors I see on coach are dove and parchment. I have the dove and its like an off-white color, not white, not beige, not grey... kinda a combo of the three in my opinion. The other light color is parchment which is more white than the dove color.

I would like to knowing if it becomes softer and maybe a little slouchy with use? I want the gathered one and it just seems so structured, not slouchy at all like the Madison shoulder bag which unfortunately was just way too big for me:sad:

I guess i'd have to see the two irl to see which color I saw... from the pic's at coach.com im not see much difference .. other then one had gold hardware and one silver. I didnt notice the hardware on the bag I saw as it was folded over and in passing.
I really like my Abigail. My biggest problem seems to be finding stuff in their as it's one big open area and I'm always digging around. But no problems with the shoulder straps. The two lightest colors I see on coach are dove and parchment. I have the dove and its like an off-white color, not white, not beige, not grey... kinda a combo of the three in my opinion. The other light color is parchment which is more white than the dove color.

Saw this bag today...irl!!!
It was a beige color... Looked sorta pebble like leather...

How does this bag feel on the shoulder?
My concern would be the rolled handles... I had a lockit H (lv) and the rolled handles killed the shoulders...

I bought 2 Abigails. I thought the rolled handles would work:sad: I carried the first one around the house, it seemed fine... cut the tags, and carried it for a day of shopping. Not comfortable... the rolled handles were hard and annoying - and did slip off my shoulders. I tried to love it, and carried it a few more times. It just doesn't work for me, so sadly, I returned my second one (bordeaux). The Maggie never worked for me either - it just won't stay on my shoulder, even crossing the straps like many suggested. I tried crossing the straps on Abigail too, but the rolled handles wouldn't stay like that. Lots of different opinions here, so I think it's one you have to try to see if it stays on your shoulders. I love the beautiful smooshy leather, so it's a huge disappointment.

I have a patent Abigail and a leather Abigail. I don't have problems with the handles slipping. (I mean, they do occasionally slip off my shoulder, but not constantly and it's not been a problem.)

The patent is much more structured and stiff but that's the nature of the material. The leather Abigail (navy) is soft and slouchy. I love both of them!

Mccwen said:
I have a patent Abigail and a leather Abigail. I don't have problems with the handles slipping. (I mean, they do occasionally slip off my shoulder, but not constantly and it's not been a problem.)

The patent is much more structured and stiff but that's the nature of the material. The leather Abigail (navy) is soft and slouchy. I love both of them!

The navy does look soft:smile:

You should try a Purse To Go organizer. I was having the same problem with my Marielle bag; everything would just pool up in the bottom and I'd have to dig and dig to find what I was looking for. A PTG fixed that; it makes everything easy to find and organized.