ABC 1st Black Bachelor Matt James

Graw

Aug 26, 2011
Live TV

ABC casts first black 'Bachelor' following outcry for diversity
By Lisa Respers France, CNN
Updated 11:01 PM EDT, Fri June 12, 2020
article video

(CNN)Following a petition urging ABC to address a lack of diversity on its enormously popular reality dating franchise, ABC has cast the first black "Bachelor."
Matt James will be the star of the 25th season of "The Bachelor."
James, 28, was a popular contestant on Season 16 of "The Bachelorette" and is the best friend of former "Bachelorette" contestant Tyler Cameron, with whom he runs the non-profit ABC Food Tours.

Reactions: bisousx
I will be odd with COVID, are they going to wear masks? Social distance? I imagine everyone will be tested before production.
I wonder after traveling to LA did they all self quarantine upon arriving plus like you said, temp checks.
We will also get a good idea of the new format when the Bachelorette airs & I think that’s next month. They mentioned for her season there wouldn’t be any traveling or anything like that which is good so you’re not on a high from traveling and happy with new experiences. You may get a better idea of how ppl truly are. Plus the Bachlorette is from Juan Pablo’s season. She’s pretty outspoken. We shall see...

I wonder after traveling to LA did they all self quarantine upon arriving plus like you said, temp checks.
We will also get a good idea of the new format when the Bachelorette airs & I think that’s next month. They mentioned for her season there wouldn’t be any traveling or anything like that which is good so you’re not on a high from traveling and happy with new experiences. You may get a better idea of how ppl truly are. Plus the Bachlorette is from Juan Pablo’s season. She’s pretty outspoken. We shall see...

Yep we have an entire season before he starts! I hope production keeps everyone safe.

Did they finish Claire Crawley's bachelorette season? I heard it was halted. Not that I was in a rush to see her. Can't stand her.
Oh, I didn’t know they stopped production on her season. Maybe that’s why I’m not seeing any promos or anything like that. Makes sense.

He is a good looking guy. It will be interesting to see how they manage a dating show in the age of a Pandemic. I am looking forward to tuning in.
I agree with TCI on Claire Crawley... not too interested in watching her as a Bachelorette.

Reactions: TC1
Is anyone watching? I have been watching a little bit. I want to see that Victoria woman get the boot. I am a few episodes behind so I don't know how long she lasts if she got the boot yet. Those girls are downright mean.

There are a lot of really attractive women on this season both in looks in personality, especially the black women.

I can't really get into it this season, mainly because the girls are still way too young (early 20's) to commit to marriage in 8 weeks, due to covid the entire season is shot at one location and Matt is also not that interesting.

He was chosen as a friend of a former contestant (Tyler from Hannah's season) and we don't have a background story to him or see his sad, being rejected story to get to the Bachelor. There were better candidates from Hannah Brown's season that we got to know who would have made better bachelors than Matt, such as Mike.

Reactions: lucydee
I can't really get into it this season, mainly because the girls are still way too young (early 20's) to commit to marriage in 8 weeks, due to covid the entire season is shot at one location and Matt is also not that interesting.

He was chosen as a friend of a former contestant (Tyler from Hannah's season) and we don't have a background story to him or see his sad, being rejected story to get to the Bachelor. There were better candidates from Hannah Brown's season that we got to know who would have made better bachelors than Matt, such as Mike.
I agree 100%

Reactions: SoCalGal2016

This season is so boring. He is gorgeous to look at, but so boring!!! He needs to get rid of his beard ASAP!!! I can't stand any of the girls. They are also so young and average looking. They are a lot of mean girls too. I bet he doesn't pick anyone. He is boring too.