Abbreviations directory

Issmom

I need more shelf space!
Sep 13, 2005
Vlad/Megs, this would involve some work on your part....what about making a little area where members could to go get definitions of the 'standard' Forum abbreviations -- NAP, LVR, various manufacturer names and style names. It woulnd't be that helpful as a thread because you'd have to read through the whole thing. What if there were a single thread and then you (Vlad/Megs) could cut and paste to a list somewhere that was alphabetical? Members could post to the thread with new abbreviations and then refer to the alphabetical list when they needed help with something.

Even things like LMAO sometimes need explanation....

JMO - just my opinion
lmao - laughing my !@*# off
lol - laughing out loud
NAP - Net-A-Porter
BF - boyfriend
that's all I've been able to figure out so far ... lol

Issmom said:
BG -- Bergdorf Goodman
MJ -- Marc Jacobs
LV -- Louis Vuitton
B Bag -- Balenciaga
HTH -- Hand to heart (I swear)
PITA -- Pain in the @ss

NM = Neiman Marcus
BLM = Bloomingdales
SFA = Saks Fifth Avenue
BNY = Barney's New York
JNY = Jeffrey's New York
YSL = Yves St Laurent
FBB = Fendi B Bag (find the name of that one interesting - a friend of mine just came up with it ... this is Fendi's "new" bag - seen in all the magazines as of late)

Issmom said:
Vlad/Megs, this would involve some work on your part....what about making a little area where members could to go get definitions of the 'standard' Forum abbreviations -- NAP, LVR, various manufacturer names and style names. It woulnd't be that helpful as a thread because you'd have to read through the whole thing. What if there were a single thread and then you (Vlad/Megs) could cut and paste to a list somewhere that was alphabetical? Members could post to the thread with new abbreviations and then refer to the alphabetical list when they needed help with something.

Even things like LMAO sometimes need explanation....

I would like to know what ^^ means. :shame:

Issmom said:
That's an arrow pointing to the above thread entry. If you don't want to quote the previous entry, you can just point to it.

Thank you!!

I know that ^5 means "high five" so I figured it meant something similar to that. :shame: