Abbreviation question...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am kind of embarrassed to ask this....
    But i have seem some abbreviations here and I don't know what they stand for:
    JAX?
    FOS?
    I think there are some others but i cannot think of what they are right now.
    If you all could enlighten me I would appreciate it :P
    TIA!!!!!
    :smile:

2. JAX: Jacksonville, where Coach is headquartered. Calling JAX usually means calling the 800 number.
    FOS: Factory online sale. The website Coachfactory.com which has invitation only sales.

3. Thank you!!! :smile:

4. May I add S.L.G. to the list? I keep seeing it mentioned and have no clue what it means!

5. Small Leather Goods. :smile:

I didn't know what it meant forever and then I was like ooh!

6. Ahh, mystery solved! Thank you so much, Chele!

7. You're welcome!

8. Here you go -

E/W - Bag is wider than it is tall

EUC - No marks that would be seen from arm length. Excellent to immaculate interior. May or may not show puddling of leather, based on leather type and construction.

FP - Full Price (boutique bag)

GUC - Good Used Condition (may have minor scuffs, scratches, small spots not easily seen. Interior may have marks and stains

HTF - Hard to Find -usually an FP bag with limited production or older/rarer.

ISO - In Search OF

MFF - Made For Factory (bag made specifically and sold only at outlet stores)

N/S - Bag is taller than it is wide

NWOT - Never used but tags have been cut, may or may not be included

NWT - New With Tags (tags are ATTACHED, never used!)

OBO- Or Best Offer

OPA - refers to Coach Signature Op Art C pattern

PP - PayPal

PM - Private Message

SIGGY or SIG - refers to Coach classic C pattern. May be tone-on-tone or multiple colours

SLG - Small Leather Goods - wallets, wristlets, mini skinnies, coin purses
    FOS - Coach Factory Online Sale

9. HG - Holy Grail, or the bag you would sell your firstborn for

10. #10 Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Several of these are already in the Coach "Read Me First" thread here: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/welcome-coach-please-read-me-first-coach-basics-422292.html#post17627214 :yes:

Let's keep this thread on topic for Coach-related abbreviations, please. General leather goods and forum abbreviations can be found here: http://forum.purseblog.com/feedback-dropbox/abbreviations-directory-2454.html?highlight=abbreviations