AARRGHH! Scumbag copied my listing...now what?

knuttybar

Bullys are my Buddys
O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
I was searching through the listings to see what other bags like mine were selling for and lo and behold, some snake used my description almost WORD for WORD in his listing!

I reported it to Ebay, but what has your experience been with these? Do they really follow up on it? How long will it take? Any other recourse?

I also emailed the seller, but of course he is being infinitely childish about it, calling me paranoid and crap like that. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

HELP! Any words of advice will be most appreciated!

You, absolutely did the right thing to report him to eBay. As a buyer, only, I want the description and pictures of the actual item that he is selling, not your item. I do not know how long it takes, but check in with eBay every once in a while. My experience is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease... work directly with ebay, and not this seller. If he is dishonest enough to steal your text, then he will not be someone with which you can reason. Hopefully other sellers that have had this experience can help you out with more detail.

Yes i reported a copied listing a few weeks ago. It was actually an item the seller had bought from me and she copied my text word for word. I reported with my original listing number and it was removed within miuntes. My advice is not to tell the seller in future. Because if they know who reported them they may try to jeopardise your own auctions.

When this happened to me (mind you it was a few years ago) EvilBAY took the guy's listing down within the hour. But things have certainly changed there lately so I can't tell you what to expect. Good luck.

Ok...so I reported to ebay last night around 10:30pm (Eastern US time). As of this morning, the other listing is STILL up! And now, it appears they have also copied someone else's listing as well...DOWN WITH ALL THESE LOW-LIFE SELLERS!

What is an honest, hard-working seller supposed to do? I know I need to give them a little more time to handle it, but I'm becoming more and more let down with Fleabay lately and really have no hope that they will take this listing down. Thanks for all your responses and I will keep you posted.

I had someone use my pictures so i reported them. My pictures were listed first so i thought it would be obvious they were mine. My bag, picture taken against my bathroom door on my washing basket. I could have taken the same picture minus the bag and told Evil bay this. They removed my listing!! Said i had stolen the pictures!
Ebay always seems to favour the cheats. They get very little of my business now. They no longer care about honesty!! AHHHHHHH!!

Thank you for listening, Feeling much better now!:rant:

Copied pictures are definitely taken more seriously than descriptions. eBay states that if the description is written like a stock description that is readily available on the internet, then it's fair game. It's very subjective and I think it really has to do with who is working at eBay at that moment in time.

use the stolen photos link to report, and then click on my signature below, and use option 3....(will not work on ebay.ca) . when the box opens, you can rant about the seller and give your original auction number again. do not rant at ebay, just at the seller.

using this option, others can report as well, as long as they have the original auction number, and as long as they say, seller XXX has reported these as stolen, and I am reporting as well.....if you have PF friends, they can report as well, using that method (fraudulent listing).

they will pull it....sometimes it doesnt happen fast enough. use caps and lots of !!!! points.

GREAT UPDATE: I just received an email from Ebay Customer Support, someone named "Red" and they stated that the appropriate action has been taken. They wouldn't specify, but since I can't find the listing, I'm going to guess they pulled it!

YAY FOR EBAY (for once!)

Thanks to all for your responses and believe me, I will definately be keeping an eagle eye for bags that are similar to mine from now on!