aarhhg how to deal with this arkward situation

lilach said:
tell me more i am listening :graucho: :roflmfao:
how come btw have you been here . is he also french

In fact, I was there for only a weekend...I loved it...and I want to go back! I did enjoy the people, very, very much...and we have many people from the UAE here...who are fantastic. Are there any dishonest people among you? Great business people, fair, honest...and just beautiful...yes, must come again!

I have a Frenchamn, but he stayed in France while I was there...

lilach said:
oh well the new men in my life there isn´t one at this very moment i need some time for me alone BUT i do have 2 very handsome guys seriously interested in me and waitng in the line whenever i am ready :lol:
the guy who is going with basically is a very very good platonic friend of mine but bawoom good looking ;) ( he was a valentino model in well years ago :lol: )
now to the dress well the best for me is black and white but i can definately can pull of a true lipstick red. it is really tough as the dress i was intending to wear is a rosé/lilac colour (not that i like that in clothes but it was safe weddingmaterial) but now i won´t wear that cause my exhusband would laugh instead of beeing impressed cause thats definately not me :hrmm:

Oh, yes…go with the GQ material man…but, you mention that he is waiting in the wings until you are ready…will he take this wedding date to mean that you are « ready » could you possibly be setting yourself for an unfortunate and uncomfortable future situation ?

On the other hand….

Perhaps you are ready???? That might be nice? I don’t know. I think I would take a cute gay model! hahahaha….no one too effeminate!, mind you!...unless, I was ready…then….hmmmmm, this could be a good start for you and it has nothing to do with that pesky ole ex of yours!

This could be a page turning experience for you…focus on Mr. New Cute and see where that takes you? And Mr. Old “needs a little gold digger girl to feel like a man” can just look pitiful over there…heck, you will be so busy with Mr. Wow…that Mr. Pitiful might not even find your eye glancing your way…and you may not even need to make the effort…

Food for thought, food for thought….

alexandrainparis said:
In fact, I was there for only a weekend...I loved it...and I want to go back! I did enjoy the people, very, very much...and we have many people from the UAE here...who are fantastic. Are there any dishonest people among you? Great business people, fair, honest...and just beautiful...yes, must come again!

I have a Frenchamn, but he stayed in France while I was there...
you got the point. the reason why i love to be here is not the glitz nor anything else it is purely the people that make me love this country and city soo openminded kind cosmopolitan honest etc. :love:
yeah you most definately have to come over again

I think it's important to be able to let go of the past. The day whereby you can face your past with no regret, remorse, guilt and saddness, it is when you finally move on. Be brave and let yourself know that you're enjoying what you have in your life and it does not have to involve another man.

lilach huney, how did it went? been 3 weeks since u've started this thread .. and Oh btw :shame: i feeel soo proud being a citizen of UAE and more particularly living in Dubai :heart:

pseub said:
Well, they say that "discretion is the better part of valour", but also that "living well is the best revenge." If it were me, I'd wear my most flattering ensemble, go with the intention of enjoying myself, and not let myself be intimidated.

I so agree with Pseub. Go there looking absolutely fabulous and have a blast. When he comes up to be, be courteous, discreet, and don't let him know that how much he has bothered you. Show him that you're over him and that he means nothing to you now.

If you need pointers, watch "French Kiss", there are some great lessons there, plus it's a very cute movie.

Hang in there sweetie, I can only imagine how rough it is. We're here for you!

VERY tough situation, and I'm sorry to hear this happened to you - no marriage ending is easy to deal with especially when one has moved on and if the other, in this case you, hasn't.

Go! Look the best you have ever looked, and don't let him think it bothers you at all. If you know a super hot guy, take him as your date and don't let him being there phase you at all - THAT is the best revenge...