aarhhg how to deal with this arkward situation

I'm glad to hear you've decided to go. I would approach him and introduce myself to his new flame. I'd force myself to chat with her a bit, just because it would probably bother him if you two seemed to hit it off. I'd want him to feel like I was soooo over him and I'd want her to leave thinking he must be a total loser if he let me slip away...

valerieb said:
I'm glad to hear you've decided to go. I would approach him and introduce myself to his new flame. I'd force myself to chat with her a bit, just because it would probably bother him if you two seemed to hit it off. I'd want him to feel like I was soooo over him and I'd want her to leave thinking he must be a total loser if he let me slip away...
oh don´t worry i´ll be as sweet as honey but making her my friend that is something the hell would freeze first. (she was the reason he filed for divorce and i already know her btw) but i will charm them both and them leave them bedazzled behind me :yes:
infact why not as i already knoww i was the winner in this divorce and i like to have the upper hand and show that by beeing and acting like the woman he once felt in love with (just as areminder of what he lost and never ever gonna have again)

bagnshoofetish said:
are you still in love with him? or do you hate him so much you just can't stand to see him? either way, if it is going to just ruin your time, why go? I think your absence would make more of a statement to him. Its hard to comment though when you don't know the whole story and all the emotions/events involved.

Lilach has dignity, she is smashing and she takes the high road...and is certinly not the type to let this keep her hinding in the ladies....mais non...

honey, you go girl...hold your head high, breath deeply, wear something fabulous and blow them away with your composure...(even if you have to drink a little champagne or take a lexomil!)....don't let them make you hide in the bathroom or nix him from the list...what is that? you are so above that...

go, be your elegant self...and don't let them make you stay home for crying out loud...who cares about him or his girlfrined, anyway....bring your SO and enjoy...perhaps this is a good chance to move on comfortably...

Is this the first time you have seen him since the divorce?

Please don't feed his ego by upsetting you...not worth it!

When I think of you with empathy, I feel your pain and would probably be tempted to stay home, in your case...but, thinking outside of the box...this could be a great opportunity for you!!!!!

Time to stratagize...when is this event?

lilach said:
oh don´t worry i´ll be as sweet as honey but making her my friend that is something the hell would freeze first. (she was the reason he filed for divorce and i already know her btw) but i will charm them both and them leave them bedazzled behind me :yes:
infact why not as i already knoww i was the winner in this divorce and i like to have the upper hand and show that by beeing and acting like the woman he once felt in love with (just as areminder of what he lost and never ever gonna have again)

I had not read this response when I wrote my previous one...

see, I knew you would! Now, the trick is to appear as if you could care less...maybe instead of "appearing" so, you could actually feel so...do we have enough time?

envyme said:
Go, go, go! Get a good long sleep the night before the event so that you can be very well rested. Go to the spa and get a relaxing massage if you have the time. Don't take a date just to spite him because it will show and you will be the one coming off classless. Dress to the nine and wear the most confident and warm smile. Put on a little bit of bronzer so that you can glow. Remember: you've already had him so the new chick in your ex's life has nothing to gloat about and he's going to look like a FOOL bringing his little hussie.
oh, perhaps she is not a "hussie" but simply his second choice...definitly not the same status as our girl! Hey, did you all see that ring???? hard act to follow! good luck to this second choice...she is surely going to need it!
and if our girl is so concerned....what must little miss home wrecker be thinking? My guess is it will certainly be more uncomfortable for Miss second choice...

I'm so sorry you went through that! I can imagine how difficult this is...it is easy to give advice off the tops of our heads, but when I imagine your situation, it hurts like hell...you are going to be ok...

No matter what any of us say, look in your heart...do what you think is best...but please, believe in yourself! You should probly buy new shoes, that always helps me...as I remember you will be wearing black...or black and white? Shall we help you to chose a pair? Or maybe you will just show us a picture????

what are you going to wear???? (did I already ask that?)

Good for you, Lilach! Kill him with charm and kindness!
Go and carry yourself with grace and class. Be grateful that you have a new life for yourself and are no longer with this jerk.

Of course, a faboo outfit and bag won't hurt., either..:graucho: :graucho:

oh my gosh you are amazing ladies you are so good i have never ever dreamed of that in an online community i really am happy to be around such wonderful characters :flowers: :heart:

oh and yes it is the first time i am going to see him after our divorce.
to be quite honest with all of you what bugs me the most is that his "bimbo" (sorry for that)who just turned 20 (around that) is truly fake (inside and outside a true gold-digger and she even admits it:amazed: ) manufactured it out to "win" against me. yes it is an ego thing i suppose even though i won in the end by getting rid of that unfaithful testosterone driven boy (cause that is not what i call a man) and in all the other matters too. but still it bugs me :rant: does that sound weird? :shame:
oh the event is in 2 weeks so still some time to get properly prepaired :biggrin:

lilach said:
oh my gosh you are amazing ladies you are so good i have never ever dreamed of that in an online community i really am happy to be around such wonderful characters :flowers: :heart:

to be quite honest with all of you what bugs me the most is that his "bimbo" (sorry for that)who just turned 20 (around that) is truly fake (inside and outside a true gold-digger and she even admits it:amazed: ) manufactured it out to "win" against me. yes it is an ego thing i suppose even though i won in the end by getting rid of that unfaithful testosterone driven boy (cause that is not what i call a man) and in all the other matters too. but still it bugs me :rant: does that sound weird? :shame:
oh the event is in 2 weeks so still some time to get properly prepaired :biggrin:

uh oh...looks like your ex is lacking confidence...le pauvre...
I am glad you don't suffer from this..
dear...start with the shoes and work yourself upward...
can you please post your "to dye for" foot purchase? any ideas? is it a day or an evening wedding...which city? or is it a small town?

lilach said:

oh my...what an unfortunate little girl...and such an unfortunate man...oh my...we should pitty them!

it an "whole day" wedding with dresschange and it is in dubai ;) i am currently thinking of heading to my taylor tomorrow to discuss various ideas about a new dress as the old one just doesn´t look appropriate enough for the new ciscumstances :lol: oh and for the first time in years iam wearing colour as white and black are really not the best things to wear to a wedding :roflmfao: what about red or is that not good or inappropiate (thinking of the bride and beeing too eyecatching):hrmm:

lilach said:
you know what. i am going. i never was never will be the kind of person who runs away from something uncomfortable and i do not intend to start this now. and even more so i will not ignore him i will be charming and very nice and even talk to him acting surprised and tell him how nice it is to see them both over here.
at the end i know i ended up with everything that was important to him he just got stuck with that woman and it will take him until he gets old to get the things back he was used to have. at the end maybe the telling "living well is the best revenge" really is true ?
anyway i will be dressed to the nines and get a cute friend of mine as my acompany and you bet i will have a good time
thanks for all your support :flowers: :heart:

You are my hero! I'm living vicariously though you. :biggrin:

lilach said:
well what to you want to know feel free to ask :flowers: ( we are talking about my ex right?)
mais non...your new improved man!:yes: the new guy...the old one is old news and the poor man has to find a mere child to make him feel....well, I dunno...is she an arm orimate? sounds pretty sad and unimportant to me!

I want to hear about this new man of yours....if it is not too indiscrete!

by the way, you should be fabulous for yourself...that is what really matters...!