*AACCKK!*pics*HELP DRESS ME 4 H.S. REUNION PLS!*

GyrlLayney

O.G.
May 31, 2007
:confused1:I am 38 and attending my 20th year high school reunion in a week! What should I wear with a navy Phillip Lim dress?:confused1: I was thinking of navy satin heels, gold accessories and just my black Choo biker ring hobo (I cannot afford to buy another bag right now).

Pics are here at this post and scroll two more posts down to see pics of the dress neckline and bag features:
http://forum.purseblog.com/your-bag-showcase/gyrllayneys-lovin-her-babies-199456-5.html#post4409993

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

I personally am not a fan of mixing black and navy. If I were you I would carry a chocolate brown purse. I think it would be hard to pull off navy heels unless they are the exact same shade of navy. What about gold shoes? Or brown shoes with gold accents?

Here are some shoes..I did a quick search on Zappos. These are just some I think would go with the dress...I dunno much about your style or what you prefer...I just think these are cute. I especially love the 1st pair.

7954-573195-p.jpg

985-586992-d.jpg

(these come in brown patent as well)

7954-504051-d.jpg

If you wear fully gold shoes you should probably tone down the gold jewerly so you aren't too matchy matchy.

Thank you JC! Rats - I was hoping to get away with what I do have.

I love the first shoes but I'd have to do heels because I have a prob. wearing flats. I do love the idea of a gold shoe but I'm afraid I wouldn't get much wear out of them. Plus, I'd have to buy another bag? Unless... I can carry my brown nappa and jacquard Spy?? Come to think of it... maybe the third pair - the Ninas would go with the Spy AND I can see myself wearing these shoes again, even with jeans! What do you think?
0431076335466_275x275.jpg

I think the brown Fendi spy would look perfect the navy dress.

Pair with a pair of brown peep toes and nice, big gold earrings!

:yahoo:YAY!!!:yahoo: BUT with peep toes... do I have to go bare legged? I'm assuming it's sooo NOT okay to wear sheer hosiery, right? So I guess I can if I have to go bare... then maybe I should do some self-tanner and also beauty-pageant air-brushing (ie., leg make-up)?!!

I ordered the Ninas from Zappos! Just in case the fit's not right, I ordered these too...
Any particular one look good with the navy silk dress, nappa/jacquard spy and gold hoop earrings? TIA!!!

shoe4.jpg

shoe2.jpg

shoe3.jpg

shoe5.jpg

shoe1.jpg

Without having read the other posts (and I will guess that I'm going to be the voice of dissent), I must say that I'm one of the few who LOVES the navy with black trend. It's edgy and cool...and to my eyes, blue and black do go together! (as long as it's a vivid enough blue, and not a inky black-blue!) The Philip Lim dress you posted can definitely be paired with opaque black tights and a black bag. Very high fashion!

However you choose to style it, that dress is HOT and you'll look beautiful in it! I could never wear a belted blouson dress because my waist disappeared after having kids. You must be in great shape! You go, girl!

Without having read the other posts (and I will guess that I'm going to be the voice of dissent), I must say that I'm one of the few who LOVES the navy with black trend. It's edgy and cool...and to my eyes, blue and black do go together! (as long as it's a vivid enough blue, and not a inky black-blue!) The Philip Lim dress you posted can definitely be paired with opaque black tights and a black bag. Very high fashion!

However you choose to style it, that dress is HOT and you'll look beautiful in it! I could never wear a belted blouson dress because my waist disappeared after having kids. You must be in great shape! You go, girl!

Awww... thanks Kristy! :tup: At my age (almost 39) I hope I can get away with appearing "edgy" without looking like a "still-trying-to-look-20-fool", KWIM?:s My upper waist and legs are the only half-decent looking features I have left on my postpartum body! And this dress does a nice job hiding my icky belly flab and atrocious bat-wing upper arms (which is why I'm wearing sleeves!):lol: