AAAAHHHH, PayPal, you suck more and more every day....

Oh Donna!

Sep 8, 2006
It never ends, I bought a bag and paid via PayPal ($1400.00) and PayPal has restricted my account as of today, because I have never paid anyone that much before, so it seems "fishy" to them. They asked me to verify my address and phone #, which I did. So I called, and the girl (who was VERY nice) said they will verify the address with my CREDIT REPORT address. It will now show as an inquiry on my credit report!

And it gets better. The person I bought the bag from , well, she bought one from me and she sent me a payment today. So that made it look "fishier". If the girl who took my call wasnt so nice, I would have bit someones face off (I really try not to do that, its not their fault, they just get stuck taking our calls)...so now I have to wait 3 days for an answer.

What kind of answer I dont know.

PayPal. You really suck.

Sorry to hear about your paypal troubles!

It probably did spike their interest even more when they saw transactions from each of you.
At least you were smart and completed the sale this way as I've heard the disasters of people trading bags off of ebay.
Good luck with PP!

yes PayPal has your SSN now. It all sucks I tell ya.

Paypal limits for deductions from your Paypal account to $500/month unless you provide them your SS number.

Sorry to hear about what's going on with your transaction. That sucks to have a mark on your credit report since it affects your score. I don't remember anything saying they can pull your report...

I don't think you need to worry about your credit report. What will show is no negative comment. Do you ever get thise pesty credit card advertisements, or Sears card, or any cards that says 'pre-approved'??? It shows up at the bottom of your credit credit report as an 'involuntary' credit check. It doesn't hurt you.

PayPal - you are the spawn of Satan. I am only slightly comforted by the fact that other TPF'ers have had awful experiences with their psychotic ways, too. I am so sorry for you!