A word of warning....

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
What ever you do don't lose your ebay password and have to change it - I did just that and had my listing removed due to "high end item, new seller" I have been on ebay since 2000. I have sold high end bags and my selling history was 100% - Recently I had to reset my password (I hadn't used ebay for a while and forgot it) and they removed my listing because they are so incompetent, they neglected to note my selling history. I did one of those online chats and it's like talking to a wall - I'm finished with ebay, should have stayed gone.

What ever you do don't lose your ebay password and have to change it - I did just that and had my listing removed due to "high end item, new seller" I have been on ebay since 2000. I have sold high end bags and my selling history was 100% - Recently I had to reset my password (I hadn't used ebay for a while and forgot it) and they removed my listing because they are so incompetent, they neglected to note my selling history. I did one of those online chats and it's like talking to a wall - I'm finished with ebay, should have stayed gone.

What a bunch of crappola! eBay doesn't audit blatant fraud or remove obvious fakes, so I can't understand why you are being targeted.

Here's some ammo for when you call them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Louis...WH_Handbags&hash=item2310552d66#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOUIS-VUITTON-H...WH_Handbags&hash=item1c1b4895f2#ht_500wt_1156

Call them again. Ask them to reinstate your listing.

I already closed the listing and moved elsewhere, where it is already getting attention. I am furious at being unfairly targeted but I don't want to continue to upset myself over this. Ebay is not important. I was so stunned, I wanted to post the incident for others to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sold on ebay since it started and can tell you its gone down hill.....they are a nightmare to deal with. They make their rules and there is no negotiating no matter what. There are other sources on the internet to sell with...ebay is not the only one and people need to start utilizing them...

This makes absolutely no sense changing a password is different from changing an ID. I regularly change most of my passwords just on an "in case" approach.

It sounds like they suspected your account had been hijacked. Did you attempt to log in multiple times before doing the password reset? It sounds like something made it look like someone was trying to hack into your account.