A word of caution to anyone considering the Epi Tropical Felicie....

Mar 5, 2006
I was so excited when my Epi Tropical Felicie arrived yesterday (ordered online), and I posted a couple of pics in the February and Spring threads. However, I inspected the bag more closely late last night and found cracking in the leather. I'll post a pic here. So, I brought it to the store this morning and the SA brought out the three that she had in stock. Of the three, two of them had the same cracking issue! I couldn't believe it. I was tempted to just return it and get something else because this is obviously not an isolated issue with this bag, but I just love the print so much that I'm giving it a chance. Hopefully, it doesn't end up happening on the one I bought.

I also decided that I didn't need the Rose Ballerine Felicie too, so I exchanged it for an Empreinte Twice in black.

Here is a pic of the cracking on my Felicie, near the bottom:

IMG_0603.JPG

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
Honestly, I would have returned it. That bag is too expensive to be defective from the start.

Just to clarify, you returned the one you had with the crack and got the only one of the three she brought out that didn't have a crack?

Yes, sorry, I wrote that post quickly and wasn't clear. I exchanged mine for the one that wasn't cracked at the store. The other two at the store were also cracked. My concern is that the cracking will happen to my new one - but my SA (who wasn't there today but texted me) said I can return it if that happens.

Yes, sorry, I wrote that post quickly and wasn't clear. I exchanged mine for the one that wasn't cracked at the store. The other two at the store were also cracked. My concern is that the cracking will happen to my new one - but my SA (who wasn't there today but texted me) said I can return it if that happens.

I hope it doesn't happen to your new one too. Keep us updated please. Everything is good with your Twist and wallet though?

Reactions: fashion_junky
I hope it doesn't happen to your new one too. Keep us updated please. Everything is good with your Twist and wallet though?

Yes, after discovering the cracking on the Felicie, I inspected the other two items and they are both fine, thankfully! I've been using the Victorine daily since I got it and it still looks new. I haven't actually used the Twist yet though, I'm waiting until spring. I will definitely keep you updated! The cracking is easy to miss if you're not looking closely, so I think it is important to buy this bag in person and inspect it carefully.

Reactions: PewPew
Question for those of you who have experienced defects in your LV bags (as this seems to be happening more often lately) - have you had any problems returning them if the defect appears after the return period is over? I don't plan to use this bag until the spring, and my concern is the the cracking might appear later. Even though my SA said I can return it, I'm worried that it will be a hassle if it is way past the month-long return period.