A way to prevent the chain from sliding when opening a JM

Chloe_c

O.G.
Feb 3, 2009
I've complained abt having to put the JM down or on one hand to open the bag to get things inside. But I think I've solved my problem!

I put 2 heavy-duty safety pins thru' the chain (perpendicular) on the inside of the bag to act as stopper when I open the bag. Sorry I have no time to post pics but I'm sure many clever ladies here will get the idea once you try figuring how to do that.

Just make sure the safety pins are well made. I've done this and so far it's holding up well. You'll have to decide if this works for you. Sorry I won't take any responsibility for any damaged bags!:P

Would still love to see pix when you get a chance. :smile: I've been carrying my medium JM single strapped and that in itself eliminated the sliding chain issue, somewhat. I do agree though, when I'm carrying the bag double strapped, I have to hold my bag on my left palm to serve as the "flat surface" while reaching into the bag with my right hand.

Would still love to see pix when you get a chance. :smile: I've been carrying my medium JM single strapped and that in itself eliminated the sliding chain issue, somewhat. I do agree though, when I'm carrying the bag double strapped, I have to hold my bag on my left palm to serve as the "flat surface" while reaching into the bag with my right hand.

Okay, will try to take a pic tmr, busy day today.

Thanks Chloe - I can understand the problem given what I'm experiencing with my bowler JM. As a matter of fact mine maybe worse with the shorter strap. Thanks for the advice

Maybe try using a split ring as opposed to the safety pens. The split rings are round and will not carry the risk of popping open and possibly causing damage. You can buy the split rings at a craft store or on Ebay in any size. A split ring is basically shaped like a key ring / charm ring and you can find them in a variety of sizes.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkpar...s&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

That's a brilliant alternative indeed, luvchnl. I suppose the solution is simply putting something on the strap to serve as 'stoppers', anything bigger than the hole size will do the trick! The idea actually came from the detachable CC charm.

As promised, pics :smile:

My safety pin
fc9b8dc4.png

9fa97a1e.png

How it prevents the chain from sliding
e8b522c1.png

1b3f6a01.png

And lastly, as suggested by luvchnl, I use a ring loop on my 'newly' acquired camera bag
c7c8342a.png