A Virtual Hermette Baby Shower???

I would like to propose that we throw a virtual baby shower for Japster, Patz, and any other expecting forum regulars... :yes: We could draw names so that we each buy for one gal and her hermette to be... What do you think???

What a perfectly lovely thought, SoCal...count me in (if I'm welcome...I realise I'm still relatively new to tPF).

I want to join in the festivities, I know that i have only been on the H sub forum for a couple of months . . . so I do not want to cause trouble if there is a problem with newbies joining the shower

Here are my thoughts on your questions....

1. Should participant names be collected through a specific date (2/15, 2/28?)

I think we can continue to collect names for a while, and then firm everything up closer to the due dates of our lovely mommies.

2. When should we "hold" the shower? Suggested dates???
When are they due???

Closer to due dates, --- and maybe try to have a "bracket" of time for gifts to arrive (otherwise I might procrastinate until the child is ready for pre-school LOL)

3. I am not sure if elfster is most practical in this case... Should we put names "in a hat" to draw this time? Another possibility might involve "pairing" up to purchase a gift for each gal with a pal...

Can they use elfster to "register" or something?? I am not familiar with elfster (YET)

I do think we have more time. I think once we are closer, we can share the list of who is buying what to each "group", and if people want to pair up, all the better.

4. I am not too tech savvy. CobaltBlu love the virtual cookie idea. Any other ideas of how to make the "event" interactive would be great!

I have PM'd an idea to SoCal and Shopmom....

5. Are we missing any expectant forum regulars?
I think we can give it more time...After all, mrs beaverhausen isnt even back yet!!!

Thanks again for setting this up........Keep in touch with me about the other idea...

UPDATE II..So far...please let me know if I missed you/anyone...

SoCal
avandome
gga
gmel
addicted
crochetbella
shopmom411
Rose
patz
jag
Sus
LoveThatThing
anHermesLover
peanutbabycakes
Moviegirl325
Baggaholic
orchids
wongnumber
CobaltBlu
Amkur
birkin girl
xboobielicousx
Ninja Sue
Aspen
Greentea
hermesgroupie
chaneljewel
Lady_Emma
Pelinaka
ladystara
candace
mree43
2muchlux
whispa777
shoppingbaglady

Will ask our mamas to confirm due dates...I believe Patz indicated she is having a boy???

Should we throw our on-line shower "earlier" because we are excited to do so or closer to baby due dates???

Hehe...how shall we tie the shower into our "Hermes" themed thread???