A vintage reveal - Jumbo XL

bubbletrouble

Dec 14, 2015
I should probably post this in the Vintage Thread, but it is so special to me that I feel it deserves a separate thread to share. Please excuse my excitement :love:
Like most Chanel vintage lovers, the Jumbo XL is one of my ultimate collector's pieces. I have been on the hunt for a decent looking one for quite a while. While i understand vintage bags are not perfect, I just hate to pay so much money for a bag that is in need of so much restoration. Sellers often overprice this bag way more than its worth given the usual condition. I almost pulled the trigger a few times, but I am so glad that I waited for the one that's totally worth the money.
Here she is, a 3-series Jumbo XL in pristine condition.
The seller had the bag authenticated through Etinceler. I contacted Etinceler to confirm everything and they replied that the bag is indeed authentic.
The seller is not sure if the bag has been refurbished. I'm just amazed how nice it look for being 22 years old.

Not sure if it's the original box because it says 95A, but Etinceler said the bag was made in 1994.

Anyone around to see her :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_6409.JPG
    IMG_6409.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_6410.JPG
    IMG_6410.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_6520.JPG
    IMG_6520.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_6521.JPG
    IMG_6521.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 672
Reactions: fcmilliner2031
Last few pictures...
Thank you for letting me share!
Now the question I have is, what occasion should I use her lol :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_6525.JPG
    IMG_6525.JPG
    451.9 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_6526.JPG
    IMG_6526.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_6529.JPG
    IMG_6529.JPG
    601.3 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_6523.JPG
    IMG_6523.JPG
    510.7 KB · Views: 607
Reactions: fcmilliner2031
I don't think I've seen that particular model with such puffy quilts! Great find :smile: congrats

Holy crap, that's gorgeous.

Very special, where did you find this bag?!!!! Please share details.:balloon:

OH EM GEE!!! Look at the puff on those quilts!! SCORE!! Please post mod shots!

Gorgeous! Use for her any occasion I say!

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words! Will do some mod shots when I get a chance.
I bought it from this ebay seller out of sheer luck.
The seller is Bagswithstyle90210. Here is a link to her store.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/bagswithstyle90210/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Pros: her items are pretty much always in great condition. She has them authenticated by Etinceler. So all we have to do is email Etinceler to confirm it without having to pay a fee. Communication is also very good. She contacted me once I clicked buy to let me know that payment is usually cleared in 24 hours by Paypal. Since this was the first time I purchased something this expensive on eBay, I wasn't aware that Paypal takes that long to process the payment. She assured me by contacting Paypal herself for me. Paypal then sent me a message saying that they were indeed verifying the payment. Once the payment was cleared, she shipped it overnight and I received the bag the next day. Packaging was very nice! The bag came with full set of box, card, booklet, dust bag, felt and foam padding, and ribbon (which I think she just bought and added on).

Cons: her listings are more expensive than average, and she charges for shipping. Also return policy is only 24 hours once you receive the bag, so please beware to make decision quickly if you plan on returning.

Hope that helps!