A vintage Chanel from my DH, looking like new again....

very nice vintage...petite & cute too..look new after the "facelift"..
Did u actually sent it to chanel boutiques for "facelift"??

Hi dleesy, NM sent both of my Chanel bags to the designer for refurbishing.:smile:

From the NM service brochure that I have, under the designer handbags, here is what it stated:

...For cleaning and refurbishing, bring your leather accessories to NM. We will send them on to the designer or have one of our talented craftsmen repair linings, straps, zippers, snaps, and seams.

... While designers typically charge for repairs, NM negotiates a reasonalbe fee on your behalf. You will be made aware of these fees prior to any repair being made.

Also, the service dept will call you beforehand as to where your handbag will go to for service,the estimate cost, and the time frame.
Actually they quoted me over the phone of $280 for the restoration of the leather and replacements of all those gold hw. I ended up paying $180 something for the final cost...not bad a deal.

it looks amazing!
do you mind to let us know what was done to your lambskin classic flap when you sent it off to refurbish? and approximately how much did it cost you?
TIA :choochoo:

wow...this vintage bag is beautiful......the cost for the facelift was reasonable as it looks perfect for a 10 yr old bag.

You look fab on her.....ur DH is such a sweetie!

Congrats~

I have been wondering a while if it would be possible to get the woven chain replaced. My madison has quite a short chain so it can't be worn sidewards like the classic one. I would love to get it replaced for a longer one, only I haven't gotten around to calling my Chanel boutique about it. (I'm afraid I they would be 'insulted' I would like to change something about the original bag --> or am I being silly right now?):s

Would you know if this can be done?? Or anyone elsed??