A Vintage Celine Reveal

yinnie said:
Congrats prettymonkey26! Such a beautiful find at a definitely bargain price!!!! I love the colour of the bag and it is in such great condition! Also love your new model (by Phoebe) box :smile: the box bag is seriously so beautiful it takes my breathe away...

Ps sorry to keep tempting u kekeke

Please post some mod pics!!!!!!

Xoxoxoxox

i am now a certified vintage box addict. i just bid on another bag on ebay :nuts:
i need to go to a bagaholics anonymous now lol

unoma said:
Congrats OP:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Can you kindly tell me IF your vintage box is bigger than you newer box.
I believe both of them are medium?

hullo Unoma, thank you! :smile: both of the boxes have roughly the same height. the vintage box is slightly longer in width by a couple of centimeters. the modern box is definitely a medium. :smile:

You have literally bought my dream bag. I love both boxes that you have, but I have to say I wish they still made those vintage ones!! I really want one but I'm always scared of buying online because I'm really scared of the previous owner misusing it (and of course I'm also scared of fakes). Do you have any tips for finding that perfect vintage bag? You're so good at it!

pearlsandlace said:
You have literally bought my dream bag. I love both boxes that you have, but I have to say I wish they still made those vintage ones!! I really want one but I'm always scared of buying online because I'm really scared of the previous owner misusing it (and of course I'm also scared of fakes). Do you have any tips for finding that perfect vintage bag? You're so good at it!

thank you! i guess my best tip would be for you to be ever vigilant in ebay. i literally check ebay first thing in the morning when i wake up. it helps that i have an ebay app on my phone so i can check on the go. the thing is, celine vintage box bags if and when they get listed, they also get bought right away or there are ridiculous bidding wars that go on. i did this for about a month, then i finally found one two weeks ago, then found another one yesterday. i am obsessed, lol.
good luck on the hunt! :smile:

thank you! i guess my best tip would be for you to be ever vigilant in ebay. i literally check ebay first thing in the morning when i wake up. it helps that i have an ebay app on my phone so i can check on the go. the thing is, celine vintage box bags if and when they get listed, they also get bought right away or there are ridiculous bidding wars that go on. i did this for about a month, then i finally found one two weeks ago, then found another one yesterday. i am obsessed, lol.
good luck on the hunt! :smile:

Thank you for your advice! I guess I'm also just not good at spotting fakes (do people even make fakes of vintage Celine? I'm so new to this!) and so I would have to post on the authenticate forum, and then what if no one gets back to me in time! Haha maybe I just worry too much and I should just go for it!

i just came across this website yesterday, labellove.com they sell all sorts of vintage fashion and handbags and have a couple of celine vintage boxes in there. they look authentic to me, take a look. a bit pricey though, but you avoid the hassle of bidding of ebay.

pearlsandlace said:
Thank you for your advice! I guess I'm also just not good at spotting fakes (do people even make fakes of vintage Celine? I'm so new to this!) and so I would have to post on the authenticate forum, and then what if no one gets back to me in time! Haha maybe I just worry too much and I should just go for it!

prettymonkey26 said:
i just came across this website yesterday, labellove.com they sell all sorts of vintage fashion and handbags and have a couple of celine vintage boxes in there. they look authentic to me, take a look. a bit pricey though, but you avoid the hassle of bidding of ebay.

:smile: