A very, very fun time at Hermes Wall Street tonight

Vlad, will the car be at the Wall Street store for a while? I'd love to see it!
Nope, being shipped to Connecticut tonight on a truck to be presented at a race track.

Fun fact:

The car collects telemetry data constantly and emails them to headquarters securely in case anything unusual is picked up from the on-board sensors and computers. In case the local Bugatti shop can not provide assistance, a team of engineers fly out with their special diagnosis tools and figure out what's wrong with the car. Part of the special treatment as a Veyron customer.

Vlad: 2 questions, one where was the car physically? I can't imagine the store could hold it? And...was the store open for shopping during the event?

OK, third question, if you can only go 12 miles on a tank how can you actually drive it anywhere? Does it room for extra gas?? What kind of roadside assistance do they provide if you get a flat tire? :nuts:

OK, one last question: can you order a BARENIA interior????:drool::drool:

Vlad: 2 questions, one where was the car physically? I can't imagine the store could hold it? And...was the store open for shopping during the event?

OK, third question, if you can only go 12 miles on a tank how can you actually drive it anywhere? Does it room for extra gas?? What kind of roadside assistance do they provide if you get a flat tire? :nuts:

OK, one last question: can you order a BARENIA interior????:drool::drool:

The car was parked outside, a little down Broad Street in its own, gated spot. You had to be on the invited list for the event in order to get to the car and enter the store. Obviously, you could also do some shopping during the event, as some ladies did. :graucho:

You can go much farther than 12 miles. You can only drive for 12 minutes when flooring it, at 1001 hp and going about 250 mph. I learned that the car has less of a fuel consumption going about 155mph than an S class Merc.

I am pretty sure you can get the interior in any color/leather you wish. Every car is done to order, entirely customized to the owner's wishes. I can imagine the price tag would be even a bit steeper if you requested all matte croc. ;)

vlad and megs, I was there and I was hoping to spot some tpf'ers (basically looking for bags that I would recognize!) but I must have missed you because I didn't see Meg's blue jeans Birkin. I would have recognized you two together I think!
As for inventory...in the window there was a beautifull Kelly 32 sellier in a color that I am not familiar with. From afar it looked almost orange/potiron but up close it was more like gold but deeper and darker.
I also saw a red (rouge vif? I am not sure about name here) lizard Kelly Pochette with diamonds on the turnlock. And a lizard Birkin 25 don't remember color at all, didn't look too closely there.

Oh and about the car, I heard that at first they were actually trying to think of ways to fit the car in the store to avoid having to deal with security outside. But given how crowded it was, it was just as well that they put it outside.

vlad and megs, I was there and I was hoping to spot some tpf'ers (basically looking for bags that I would recognize!) but I must have missed you because I didn't see Meg's blue jeans Birkin. I would have recognized you two together I think!
As for inventory...in the window there was a beautifull Kelly 32 sellier in a color that I am not familiar with. From afar it looked almost orange/potiron but up close it was more like gold but deeper and darker.
I also saw a red (rouge vif? I am not sure about name here) lizard Kelly Pochette with diamonds on the turnlock. And a lizard Birkin 25 don't remember color at all, didn't look too closely there.
I sure hope you weren't the one who cut in front of me in the line for the bathroom! :noggin::whistle:

I am somewhat convinced that there must have been about half a dozen tPFers at the event, sadly we only met with a few. Great to get to know you though! You know who you are.

I am glad they didn't stuff the car inside the room, it was packed enough with all the humans!

I am seriously still so excited about it, this was like a dream come true. Still seems so surreal. The last exciting car memory I recall was when I was about 10 and the Ferrari F40 had just come out and I sat in one at a dealership.

Did someone do that to you?????
Actually the bathroom situation was not great. There was only one and it was in a cold spot.

Yeah a slightly tipsy Asian lady (she may have been completely drunken, not sure) who was very chatty and somehow managed to talk her way in front of me. I called her out on it, she rambled something about knowing the lady two spots ahead of me, then said "ok I'll get back in line" and placed herself right in front of me. No issue, my bladder held strongly...

:P

The store was sadly a bit underpowered in the bathroom department, especially with lots of Champagne and wine served, they should have arranged an array of a dozen porta-potties on the back street. Heh...

oh i cannot handle this. megs, did you get something????

This sounds like a dream evening for you two!!!
Nah, she didn't. I was busy uhhing and ahhing the car, and Megs socialized the whole evening with a few SAs and TPFers. Rebecca Minkoff was supposed to be there, supposedly she was but I swear I didn't find her in the crowd.

Yeah a slightly tipsy Asian lady (she may have been completely drunken, not sure) who was very chatty and somehow managed to talk her way in front of me. I called her out on it, she rambled something about knowing the lady two spots ahead of me, then said "ok I'll get back in line" and placed herself right in front of me. No issue, my bladder held strongly...

:P

Yeah, the store sadly was a bit underpowered on the bathroom situation, especially with lots of Champagne and wine served, they should have arranged an array of a dozen porta-potties on the back street. Heh...

:roflmfao::roflmfao:
Posh ones like this, eh vlad?
portable-toilet-trailer-rental-ontario.jpg

sounds like a dream evening, my dh is so jealous. we've been drooling over maserati lately, but that's like a "reasonably priced car" compared to this! would the top gear boys be invited to a night like this perhaps?