A very smooth bbag! Pls tell me one good thing if it's a keeper?

NYDoll

O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Hi girls, I just got a new black city RGGH right from the 2010/3 season. However, as it's been ordered online and I never seen it in person before, it just happened to be a VERY SMOOTH one. First impression i must say i was quite disappointed that it's not what i ever expected from bbag especially in my collection. Anyway, just wanna know if there's any good things about the smooth bbag that i should consider to keep it?? I look at her many many times and she's now shining some ora to me. She's kinda tidy, quietly edgy in my opinion...... i don't even know if she'll look nicer when she's broken in or not. Plssss, i really need you girls' opinion if i should keep it or let her go and get a distressed one i always love. :thinking:

ps. i'll find sometimes to take some photo of her later

Just my 2 cents, but if you love distressed Bals the best, I'd see if I could find one with that kind of leather. Or just start carrying her and see what happens with use?

I'm not a smooth bag lover myself-I do have one that's minimally distressed and with use it has started to smush and slouch nicely, but it's not going to ever be like my super distressed ones. And that's ok with me ;)

I have a really smooth anthra that I purchased in July sight unseen and I have used it quite a lot! I feel it has really lost its smooth 'boxiness' and it has become wonderfully 'silky' and puddles beautifully.
I have just purchased a very distressed castagna that I adore also. I really like having the contrast in the two bags to be honest (both City RH) - I love them both equally.

My black city is on the smoother side, and has worn in BEAUTIFULLY, but it doesn't matter what anyone else says. If you don't like smooth leather, trade it in for a different one! :tup: good luck!!

I think you answered your own question with your last sentence "let her go and get a distressed one I always love." If a black with distress leather is what you've always wanted, then you should and deserve to have that. Let smoothie go.

I agree that you should go for what you love. However, I am a fan of smooth black leather simply because I think it is more black. Distressing gives black bags more variation in the color IMO. But, again, get what you love. And, post some pics if you can.

I love smooth bals... but I thought about if I ever ordered a super distressed one online or by phone, I might keep it since it's not my first bal. it's great to have them in all different variations IMO. BUT, as all others said, go with your heart desired :angel: good luck! ;)