A Very Good Listen - BBC Radio on Fake Handbags, and Brand Alley

I had a listen. I had no idea about super fakes before and that counterfeiting becoming a career choice to hone their skills... terrible.

When it come to the exploitation of children in making fakes we should also be questioning Primark in that area too!

The world is not a loving place just yet with all this lies, deceit and exploitation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0222vgf

There has been a lot of discussion in this subforum on fakes, superfakes, and flash sale sites - in particular, Brand Alley comes to mind.

For those who still think Brand Alley might be selling authentic goods - please listen to this (click on the link above). This should be a warning as to how good superfakes have gotten in general, and also, the work conditions involved in producing such superfakes.

Click on the play button, and listen until around 26:46. The whole thing is just over 4 minutes (22:19 which is when it starts playing when you hit play, until 26:46).

I hope we can all be more discerning when buying our handbags. :smile:

In light of the "Super Fakes from Gilt Saga" that's begun, this needs a bump and is a must read and must listen to the interview.

Agree with you, PP... another bump from me.