A Very Good Listen - BBC Radio on Fake Handbags, and Brand Alley

Maice

O.G.
Mar 5, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0222vgf

There has been a lot of discussion in this subforum on fakes, superfakes, and flash sale sites - in particular, Brand Alley comes to mind.

For those who still think Brand Alley might be selling authentic goods - please listen to this (click on the link above). This should be a warning as to how good superfakes have gotten in general, and also, the work conditions involved in producing such superfakes.

Click on the play button, and listen until around 26:46. The whole thing is just over 4 minutes (22:19 which is when it starts playing when you hit play, until 26:46).

I hope we can all be more discerning when buying our handbags. :smile:

Thank you very much for sharing, Maice. This confirms many things, like Prada SAs really don't (or should not) authenticate Prada bags, that superfakes are getting better, that BA is not a legitimate Prada seller, and that getting superfakes hurts other people too through their unethical practices.

Sometimes, people forget that buying fakes is illegal and try to justify it in so many ways. I never got that.

It is a very good listen. I hope more people listen to this.

Listening to this absolutely proves beyond doubt - Brand Alley sells fakes and obviously the other outlets are acquiring their fakes from the same place. The hallmarks are identical. The interviewee makes it perfectly clear that Brand Alley items were sent to Prada for authentication and were confirmed BY PRADA as being fake. How much more proof do people need?????

Great interview, thanks for sharing! With the steep climb in prices with the authentic items, I can only imagine this getting worse as people keep searching for a deal.

Listening to this absolutely proves beyond doubt - Brand Alley sells fakes and obviously the other outlets are acquiring their fakes from the same place. The hallmarks are identical. The interviewee makes it perfectly clear that Brand Alley items were sent to Prada for authentication and were confirmed BY PRADA as being fake. How much more proof do people need?????

I ask myself this too... I would hope at this point, no more. It's a shame that people are getting scammed out of their money... but I think it would be a bigger shame if people refused to open their eyes and be more discerning, in order to avoid being duped.

I'm rather passionate about making sure people are not getting cheated out of their hard-earned money, and I am sincerely thankful that you missfiggy, Prada Psycho, Bratty, and some others are going out of your way to help people with this. I hope that posting this link helps too, in some way.

Great interview, thanks for sharing! With the steep climb in prices with the authentic items, I can only imagine this getting worse as people keep searching for a deal.

You're welcome, cowbear! Thanks for taking the time to listen! You're right about that... scammers will just multiply and become more aggressive as they realize more people will be looking out for "deals" given the designers' price increases. I'm quite passionate about the topic of scams and counterfeit items... I hate the dishonesty of it all, cheating people out of their money, etc. It's really not something I can stomach.

I listened too and I am really shocked!
I saw those Prada bags a few months ago and fortunately I didn't order one.
They were 50% off.
But I was suspicious as I had had a bad experience with the site three years before.
I had ordered a pair of Seven For All Mankind jeans.
Obviously fakes. Awful chemical smell. Bad stitching. And..... Made in Slovakia.
********** refused to admit to selling counterfeits... And bad ones!

Thank you very much for sharing, Maice. This confirms many things, like Prada SAs really don't (or should not) authenticate Prada bags, that superfakes are getting better, that BA is not a legitimate Prada seller, and that getting superfakes hurts other people too through their unethical practices.

Sometimes, people forget that buying fakes is illegal and try to justify it in so many ways. I never got that.

It is a very good listen. I hope more people listen to this.

Thank you, SeleneMarta! I am sorry as I seem to have missed this post. I am glad you found it informative.

I listened too and I am really shocked!
I saw those Prada bags a few months ago and fortunately I didn't order one.
They were 50% off.
But I was suspicious as I had had a bad experience with the site three years before.
I had ordered a pair of Seven For All Mankind jeans.
Obviously fakes. Awful chemical smell. Bad stitching. And..... Made in Slovakia.
********** refused to admit to selling counterfeits... And bad ones!

Thanks for sharing, Mariapia! It's truly awful, what they do. Good for you, that you did not get duped into buying a counterfeit Prada.