A Typical Week For : Billionairess Yuki Oshima-Wilpin

Hey I go to that gym! The only good thing about that gym is that everyone in that gym is model material :lol: so it gives you inspirations to work out, LOL.

Anyway I have [arguably] 1st hand experience with this lady because I’m also a member of the members-only club she was talking about and there are unpleasant things being talked – concerning her real motive behind her charity, her Paris-esque antics and her showing off ways - about her in our set (yes, there are sets even in a members club – a sad British thing) which I’m not 100% sure of its truth so I’m not going to say in case I may be forced into a libel suit!:lol: And let's not go into details about the gossip about her husband as well.:upsidedown:

But there is one thing that I can tell you about her because it’s well documented, causing her and her husband to be the joke of the town. Earlier this year she wanted to work herself up into London circle so she initiated a PR offensive giving interviews with newspapers, etc. to talk about how she loves animals, do so much charity and stuff but it turns out to be a fiasco because she got into trouble. Anyway it’s difficult to describe so I’ll give you the link to the (London) Times. Read especially page 2:

Spoilt for choice - Buying & Selling - Times Online

For those who are lazy :lol:, I’ll cut out some interesting stuff:

During her house hunting: The garden must be certified pesticide-free, with organic plants…and the lawn is too green. “It’s pesticides.” The place has “no soul”.

On her animal loving character: …“Oh, yeah. Like she cares? She’s wearing a f***ing fur coat!” shrieks Yuki. Deguilhem storms off into the garden to smoke. “This woman is completely mad,” she says. “This is a farce.”

Anyway read it yourself and you will get the sense this lady is a spoilt person (I was going to use the b word) and really she’s just – in the words of a person writing to comment on the article above - a pretentious, attention-seeking nouveau-riche.

P.S. There are interesting letters to other newspaper about her antics but I don’t remember the exact details so I can’t search for you.

Great article Bee...Bee

My bf and I talk about this all the time. No, I would not keep my current job (I dislike my current job), but I would have to have a job or be in school. I can't not work or not be doing something. If I had a billion dollars in the bank, I'd be in school for the rest of my life earning as many PhDs as I could.

I would have to do something because I can't imagine doing nothing for the rest of your life. Sure, I'd take nice vacations and have a lovely handbag collection, but I can't imagine having a life with no motivation. What's the point of living? When this chick dies, what will she have done in her life? Bought a lot of shoes? Drank a lot? To me that's a waste of a life. She spend a grand total of 30 days a year helping charity-if that. To me, that's a pathetic existence.

everyone has different aspirations. If someone wants to live off of there parents, then so be it. No one has any place to judge another persons choices and decisions. I can tell you that most of the population, if given the opportunity, would jump at the chance to be handed money all while doing nothing all day. I dont know many people who actually aspire to WORK to WORK, they work because ultimately they NEED the money. end of story IMO. She has the money to do nothing, she can travel the world, buy what she wants, go where she wants without thinking twice--kind of like 99% of celebs. More power to her.

She seems pretentious. She sounds like she is trying too hard to seem like she's down to earth.

She's probably just a party girl who likes having fun. Nothing wrong with that. But she doesn't sound sincere in the "good" things she does: buying the birthday present for her housekeeper, being environmental friendly, etc.

But....she didn't buy her housekeeper the same brands/quality of make-up she buys for herself!

That ws going to be the point I was going to make! I liked the article. It is what it is - some people have excessive amounts of money. I don't at this time in my life (although that could change! :smile: ) so I LOVE reading about the ones that do and living vicariously throught them. This article was also only one week - also, who knows if she didn't perhaps slant it one way knowing it needed to be interesting or it wouldn't print!

Anyway, the only thing that did jump out at me was the gift she got her housekeeper. Boots is like a drugstore here int he US would be isn't it? So, the cosmetics she bought her were like our L'Oreal and Maybelline, etc? If so, wouldn't it have been a much nicer gift to have arranged for her to have makeovers at Harrodds and given her a gift certificate to buy lots of products? Then perhaps have the champagne with her when she returned looking fabulous?

Otherwise I found it to be a thoroughly entertaining article! :smile:

how generous. she goes to the equivalent of duane reade for her housekeeper's makeup and makes a point of saying she'll go to the expensive shops for her things.

"I spend the morning flicking through Vogue, Tatler and Harpers and tearing out the ads for all the latest colours and trends, so Angie gets only the best. Then I head to Boots in Knightsbridge and grab everything on the make-up shelves - one of every shade of lipstick, eyeshadow and nail vanish.
I end up spending £400, which is a pretty good deal considering everything I bought. I tend to buy my own make-up from Harrods and Harvey Nicks, and I might call in there on my way home, too, to pick up some bits for myself.

I stand corrected about my former comment about her buying "drugstore" makeup and thinking it was a treat :shame: ... I was telling my husband about this story/thread and I told him what I had posted. His response was, well perhaps she was actually THINKING. If her housekeeper likes the makeup and wants to keep wearing it and replace products as they run out the brands from Boots she will be able to buy herself - they are within her means. He is proably right .... except as a woman I know that I don't think I've ever used up an ENTIRE tube/pot of anything - except some fave lipsticks so the other brands would have been awfully nice treats! :P

My first thought was that she name-drops an awful lot, plus mentiones the price tag of everything (which I found to be quite odd) Sure, she is spoiled. And I don't think she spends that much energy on charity work. Personally I know I wouldn't work if I could live off my parents forever, and I don't think it's strange that someone with that much money would have the lifestyle that she has. I also found it strange that she'd buy her housekeeper's make up from Boots (she didn't say anything about getting it there so that her housekeeper could afford to replace it, plus any female would know that it takes a lot to use up an entire tube/pot of something. With all the make up she bought her, you'd think that she wouldn't need to buy more for a very very long time. But at least she did something for her housekeeper, which was sweet of her) Another reason why I found her to be a bit spoiled was that she made her driver stay up and wait for her all night, plus that she said she could call her massage theraphist any time, day or night. Personally I wouldn't even dream about waking my massage theraphist up in the middle of the night, unless I was in serious pain. I'm sure she pays her enough to make it worth her time, but it just seems a bit self-centered to wake someone up just because you want a massage. After reading the second article posted, I must say I support her decision to call the vet 100%, and I feel bad that the dog didn't get the help it needed. In my view, it was the dog owner that was being an ass here, and everyone else just seemed pissed off that they didn't get the story they came for ("nevermind the dog, we're here to shoot another episode of Cribs" (or whatever)) Sure, she probably acted a bit like a drama queen, but the important part is that she was trying to get help for the dog. I don't see how looking at houses can even compare in importance to that.

im sure that a good chunk of people in here, who like to admit it or not, would live off there parents money if they were in that situation. I highly doubt one wants to put in a 10hr work day, come home to cook, clean etc when they can have the money handed to them by there parents.
im sorry, im not going to front. I deffinetely would and I wouldnt be compromising my dignity or self respect.

As a 46 year old woman who has been struggling on her own for 15 years, I wholeheartedly agree. I would love to be taken care of, instead of always worrying about how I'm going to take care of myself. I suppose the only thing worse than that is not appreciating good fortune should you have it. I know I would, and I'd try to do good things for others.