A tips to ease the PAIN of wearing heels?

the doc. scholl's for women work really good. and it basically just takes practice i used to could only wear hill out to eat for a few hours and now i can put them on in the morning and be okay till 8 or so that night.

BUT the lady that posted about not wearing them is right, because wearing hills a lot actually shorten a tendon in the bottom of your foot that can make it painful to wear flats, BUT i still wear 'em and prolly always will :rolleyes:

My problem is pressure on the ball of the foot below large toe! I had my chiropodist make an insole (chiropody felt stuck to the shoe) She has shaped it so the pressure is completely off that area! hard to describe but the felt is under the rest of the ball of foot rising the tender part up so it's not touching the shoe. It's amazing & I can walk all day.
We started off with this down on a removable insole which i used in high boots, it worked so now I am having all my shoes done, the felt stuck directly to the the shoe so no ugly insole visible. Much better than Party feet which I tried without success. Go to a chiropodist, she/he will take an imprint of your foot, identify the pressure points & make an inset to relieve!
So worth it, I never feel dressed in flats unless in jeans with pumps or loafers!

I HAVE TONS OF SCHOLLS PARTY FEET PRODUCT BECAUSE OF MY 4 INCH CHOOS AND IT REALLY HELPS ALOT, I ALWAYS USE THE GEL FOR THE BALL OF MY FEET SO WHEN MY SHOES ARE TOO HIGH MY FEET WOULD NOT SLIP. ITS ALSO VERY COMFY WHEN YOU GO ALL NIGHTER YOUR FEET WONT FEEL HARD WHEN YOU USE THESE AS OFTEN CAUSE STANDING ON REALLY HIGH HEELS PUTS TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON YOUR FEET.
I ALSO RECOMMEND THIS OTHER BRAND I FORGOT THE NAME IT A NAME OF A GODDESS THEY HAVE THIS PRODUCTS CALLED STRAPPY HEELS ITS LIKE SOFT CUSHION STRIPS WITH ADHESIVE YOU PUT IT AT THE BACK OF THE STRAPS OF YOUR STRAPPY SHOES SO WHEN YOU USE IT FOR LONG HOUR STANDING YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TOO MANY CORNS TOO DEAL WITH
HOPE THIS HELP:heart: :heart: :heart:

In response to post #15:

Seconded.

I will only wear high heels for very short periods of time for special occasions, preferably indoors. It's not worth it to me to hobble around on them every day like a repressed, immobilized woman and risk back pain and injury. My feet are healthy and pretty (and functional!) and I don't want to damage them with heels. In flats I can walk quickly, anywhere and everywhere I want, all day if I like, and that makes me happy. :smile:

First of all, let me make it plain that I realize that I am such an unrecontructed, unapologetic, dyed in the wool anti-high heel extremist that have no business posting in this thread whatsoever, as the Original poster has courteously made plain that she does not wish to hear "don't wear them."

However, my fingers are in one of those ornery and unstoppable moods today, and they feel duty-bound to address anyone who might need to hear it.

Listen to your body. Pain exists for a reason, and that reason is to tell us that something is WRONG. Wearing shoes that hurt your feet can not only cause you to spend a lot of time in pain, they can actually damage your feet, and even your back.

I would have been just as annoying had I lived in 18th century China.
Listen to your body. Pain exists for a reason, and that reason is to tell us that something is WRONG. -
I don't agree! Aching muscels after a work out are the result of a growing level of fitness. Not every pain means there is something wrong.
I am not saying that feet get used to heels, only that not every pain means you should stop doing what causes the pain.

Listen to your body. Pain exists for a reason, and that reason is to tell us that something is WRONG. -
I don't agree! Aching muscels after a work out are the result of a growing level of fitness. Not every pain means there is something wrong.
I am not saying that feet get used to heels, only that not every pain means you should stop doing what causes the pain.

There is good pain and bad pain. ShimmaPuff is obviously talking about the latter. The pain most people feel from wearing high heels is never good and women must make the calculation between the pain and damage versus the aesthetics resulting from wearing high heels.

There is good pain and bad pain. ShimmaPuff is obviously talking about the latter. The pain most people feel from wearing high heels is never good and women must make the calculation between the pain and damage versus the aesthetics resulting from wearing high heels.
I am fully aware that I might sound awfully naive, buuuuut: couldn't there also be muscles in the foot, which can be trained by wearing heels?
Not everyday but for a few hours every other day?

I am fully aware that I might sound awfully naive, buuuuut: couldn't there also be muscles in the foot, which can be trained by wearing heels?
Not everyday but for a few hours every other day?

Of course! But the long term effects of regular use of high heels is generally damage to and instability of the feet and ankles. I know someone who wore heels so much that her feet, calves, and tendons changed and she literally can no longer walk with her feet flat.