A tip: LV DOES have sales

Nancyloves

Nov 14, 2010
I know. It's shocking right? I just wanted to put this out there because I've seen too many "how to authenticate LV's" posts all over Google, eBay, etc, and all of them stated LV does not have sales.

THE TRUTH-YES. They do. BUT NOT FOR CUSTOMERS.

I forgot how often items stock, but my fiance's aunt is a permanent employee for LV. (Permanent as in, not temporary.) "Permanent" employees get a link and a log in to a special (official) LV site stocked with items that were made with a flaw such as uneven handles, slightly lopsided bags, you get the picture. All these bags are DISCOUNTED. When I was on a search for my speedy last November, she came across a speedy on that site that sold for 400. Discounted because the canvas was slightly darker than it should have been. But before she could check out, it was gone. (Items sell like hot cakes on this site) This site is real, and the items are authentic LV pieces. They DON'T "burn" or "throw away" all the things that were made incorrectly. I guess they sell pieces that are still somewhat presentable on this site.

I just wanted to write this so you ladies understand that if you ever see a bag that looks somewhat "off", it COULD still be real. But still, to ensure you buy a bag that is 100% authentic off the web, you probably don't want to take your chances and stick to ones that come with original receipt, looks exactly like the bag off the site, etc. That is all.

Sabella

Sep 27, 2010
Dixie and 19flowers are both right. LV employees get different discounts on returned items. To the best of my knowledge, I think they get 30% off regularly-priced bags, 70% off returned items, and 80% off shoes. However, they can spend only $3000 a year.

Stacy31

O.G.
Sep 27, 2008
Does Hermes do the same thing, ie. special stamp?

This is good to know.

I thought I recalled hearing that Hermes Craftsmen are occasionally allowed to make a bag for themselves, but it must have a special stamp and they are not allowed to re-sell them. I believe if the bag has a shooting star stamp, it was made for personal use or for a family member by a Hermes craftsman. I don't believe Hermes will service these bags if they have a shooting star stamp.

LVWILLIAMLV

Dr. Will, L.V PHd
Mar 9, 2008
I'm sorry for saying this...but your soon to be aunt-in-law breached her confidentiality agreement with LVMH by telling you this. In addition...what good does it do to PurseForum members to know that there is a sale that they cannot access unless they are LVMH employees?

Mar 3, 2010
Hermes puts a special "sales" stamp on all of the RTW sold during their bi-annual sales. Only RTW and shoes go on sale...other accessories never do...

a few years ago I got a herbag and valparaiso at an Hermes sale, they both has a "S" on the bag

As far as I know LV only marks bags and SLGs. Atleast thats what my source tells me lol The one here stopped marking shoes
I know of a consignment store near me with the "employee sale" heat stamp on a few of the bags. Supposedly the owner admitted to LV employees selling their bags there to my source, who was an LV employee at the time :nono:

specme

O.G.
Jan 22, 2011
Dixie and 19flowers are both right. LV employees get different discounts on returned items. To the best of my knowledge, I think they get 30% off regularly-priced bags, 70% off returned items, and 80% off shoes. However, they can spend only $3000 a year.

I would love to have "only " $3000 a year to spend on LV !!! I guess the 3 grand goes a lot further at a discount. :smile: