A tiger in a long lost Brazilian garden (pic heavy B-day reveal)

MsFrida

O.G.
May 13, 2008
I thought I'd share my birthday treats :amuse:

Back in Nov/Dec last year when I went to Hermès at KaDeWe/Berlin, I fell in love with a Maxi Twilly worn by one of the SAs. To my utter disappointment there were none left for sale in that cw *sigh*

Fast forward 7 months, it's still been on my mind every now and again. I've kept checking the H website, but I haven't fallen for a single other print in this size. So as I'm standing at the counter at H Copenhagen last Friday, looking at 90 cm scarves, I decide to ask which maxis they have in stock (figuring I might as well have a look at them IRL), and what do I see when the SA opens the drawer behind him? THE print! First two pink ones, and then my cw! I think my jaw hit the glass counter and it's quite possible that I made some sort involuntary sound. Never in a million years did I think I'd be so lucky!

(Funny and far fetched side note: I purchased the scarf, named Brazil, when the world cup was held in Brazil. Where did I first fall in love with the scarf? Germany. And who won the world cup? Germany :P)

So, in the voice of Gollum from Lord of the Rings, let me present my preciousssss :graucho:

DSC_2977_zpsefddeba0.jpg

DSC_2992_zps97bfeb8a.jpg

DSC_2997_zps908da1ca.jpg

DSC_3006_zps37183fd4.jpg

DSC_3010_zpsefc07f17.jpg

After that, the thought of a 90 cm scarf was out of the question, but he offered to hold the three designs I had been looking at for rest of the day. So we had a short stop by the perfume section and picked out some samples for me to try, and then headed to the cash register. I left with a huge smile on my face, I finally had my precious Brazil! But I still couldn't get the other scarves out of my head. I deliberated whether to go for one of those, or to get a little something from LV that I've had my eye on for a while. After a few hours I decided to go back to LV, and if I could fit the essentials plus my glucose meter then that would be the one. Said and done, I came out with a brown paper bag. Passed H again on my way to dinner and saw my SA standing in the doorway. Yeah, 5 minutes later I carried another orange bag and an even bigger smile on my face :P

Birthday treat # 2 (or 3, if you count the LV)

DSC_3017_zpsd80c73d3.jpg

DSC_3025_zps310124d1.jpg

DSC_3029_zps03ca3dbc.jpg

DSC_3032_zpsfa1c10c2.jpg

DSC_3047_zpsd4031edf.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MsFrida!!! Stunning birthday presents (LV included)! So glad you found your maxi twilly. After years of trials and errors, my H mantra has become 'just get it'. Too many regrets for passing something up that were never found again. Enjoy your birthday! :biggrin:

PS Fab pics!

First of all, Happy Birthday MsFrida!! And you chose exceptionally well...both of those are just stunning!! And your photography is out of this world...are you a photographer by profession?!

LOVE the Brazil!!!! I cant wait to get my fuchsia which is on her way to me as we speak! Can u pls post some mod shots with the Brazil?
HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY and enjoy all yr Beautiful Bday TREATS!

Happy birthday to you! And what beautiful photos! I agree with the other post, are you a professional photographer by any chance? Anyhow, I am your identical twins on the tiger scarf, one of the 90s I still wear occasionally! It's stunning open as well as tied. Enjoy them all!

Happy Birthday!! Beautiful set of scarves. Your LV looks great with them.

Thank you!

Happy birthday to you! And what beautiful photos! I agree with the other post, are you a professional photographer by any chance? Anyhow, I am your identical twins on the tiger scarf, one of the 90s I still wear occasionally! It's stunning open as well as tied. Enjoy them all!

Yay for scarf twins! And thank you so much! No, I'm so not a professional photographer, I barely know what I'm doing half of the time :lol:

Enjoy your birthday with these beautiful soie

Thank you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MsFrida!!! Stunning birthday presents (LV included)! So glad you found your maxi twilly. After years of trials and errors, my H mantra has become 'just get it'. Too many regrets for passing something up that were never found again. Enjoy your birthday! :biggrin:

PS Fab pics!

Thank you so much! I was on cloud 9 when the SA pulled out the maxi twilly

First of all, Happy Birthday MsFrida!! And you chose exceptionally well...both of those are just stunning!! And your photography is out of this world...are you a photographer by profession?!

You're making me blush. Thank you so much! No, I'm far from it, and like I mentioned earlier I barely know what I'm doing half the time :P I'm the daughter of a hobby photographer, so the little I do know I've learned from him

LOVE the Brazil!!!! I cant wait to get my fuchsia which is on her way to me as we speak! Can u pls post some mod shots with the Brazil?
HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY and enjoy all yr Beautiful Bday TREATS!

Thank you so much! The fuchsia is such a nice pop of color, congrats! I prefer to be behind the camera and not in front of it :P but I might take some pics tomorrow