A thought; Hermes vs. LV; your thoughts?

Sorry Miss, but hermes is all about the status bag, yes some designs are not as popular as the kelly/birkin but thats a major reason why they sell so much. their style is recognisable (to those who are aware of the house and it;s products) and that is exactly what samantha says on the birkin episode of SATC she describes the birkin as 'it's the bag that says you 've made it" (or similar)

Found yet another reason to stay away from that bag....dont want to make that kind of statement with a bag.....:P

exactly the same duck!!! lol only atm im leanding towards a travel Kelly becuase it can be a messanger or a handheld, birkins are either handheld or shoulder, i would never wear it on my shoulder so a kelly would be more practical! only problem is the $$$, Im saving for a BIG purchase next (to me anyway) so I promised my self i will not buy anything else (more that $200 ) untill i get either a luggage kelly/birkin (which i highly doubt) or a LV beauty case. so either way it off to work for me for a couple of years!

but a Kelly is such a pain to open and close! let alone a large travel Kelly. with the Birkin having two handles, it is easier and you can leave it open all the time. no more fiddling with the straps and flap. plus a large HAC/Birkin (>50cm) looks more like a duffle than a handbag. Melb had a red togo travel Birkin with palladium hardware and i was like: :wtf: it can probably fit an 8 year old child. that's the one i want :yes:

that is true duck! our hermes in sydney (now a new shop that nice a big, that reminds me i need to check the new one out) they have a large 50cm birkin (i dont know if its a HAC, i think it is) but it's a goregous gold i think togo leather w/ gold harware, I dont know i want a 50, maybe 40. either way i want it black and very rigid leather that wont fold i like the shape to stand straight! (i dont know if its still there, it was about 2 months ago i saw it last but i has been there for at leat a year)

LV is more of an everyday bag
Hermes like wat u gals say its more of a status symbol.
I cant seem to see myself taking that plunge to get the birkin but i just might when i have extra cash.

What happened?!...Can you share?

When I go to LV they are super nice, offer me champagne, show me all the new stuff etc. They treat you the way a luxury store should IMO. At my Hermes (and they are not all like this but unfortunately the one nearest to me this has been my experience) the customer service is not good. I'd just rather spend my money where the SAs are nice and helpful and fun (LV and Goyard) and where they make it a pleasure to shop. :flowers:

sorry to hear that crochet, plus your evelyne is lovely,

anyways, if you look theres alot of bags that have formed into the shape of a birkin or kelly, so status is not really a big deal, unless you have bag lovers in the same room. hermes doesnt scream hermes, on any of them, it may scream GREAT BAG then HERMES. unlike LVs in your face monogram, true they do have epi, suhali, nomade, natural vachette, but lots of monogram bags... it doesnt do it for me as it used to,

whatever you know? hermes is a REALLY REALLY good quality brand and so is LV...to each their own right?

i still prefer hermes over lv, plus the it bag in my high school are fake and some real lv , when i do start carrying a birkin, only my friends would know...

whatever you know? hermes is a REALLY REALLY good quality brand and so is LV...to each their own right?

i still prefer hermes over lv, plus the it bag in my high school are fake and some real lv , when i do start carrying a birkin, only my friends would know...

Your so right...each to their own. :yes: Hermes is a wonderful bag, and there is no doubt that it is made with percision, especailly with the price tag.

But Hermes also screams Hermes with their signature bag style....it hasnt changed really through the times and it is recongnized. Its just that its less affordable and is carried by the previllaged, if you will, so it is not as popular or known as the LV..which caters to both. Just my 2 cents...:shame:

I like them both...I wondered if my black Birkin would replace my black Suhali Lockit PM and the answer turned out to be no... They compliment each other and have unique value...

I love both hermes and LV, and I'm hoping to start a birkin collection one day, however at this time and probably for the next 15-20 years I'll focus on LV because it's more affordable, available and they have so many various models. I do have an hermes winter scarf and a twilly, and I hope to get lots of new additions to my scarf collection over the years because hermes scarves are wonderful, but I love both brands equally. I would never sell any LV's to afford a birkin either beucase I get so attatched to my bags.