A Target Collaboration Wish List! What would you like created?

Feb 13, 2006
Some of the Neiman Marcus/Target items were very popular amongst us. But a few pieces…well…yes, epic FAIL comes to mind. While possibly this will prevent a future Target/NM collaboration, it looks like Target will continue to seek out innovative designers to produce select items.

I thought it would be fun to do an open letter of sorts to Target with a wish list! These would be the items I would love to buy for myself or as gifts if they have a designer flair. And being in Hawaii, we can’t really use a lot of those winter clothing/accessories, so we appreciate anything (useful) that can be used in mild weather. Target opened their first Hawaii store in 2009 so I’m happy I can keep up with what’s going on at their stores!

• Jewelry – especially earrings
  • Mini wallet/card cases
  • Key clip/carabiner – especially one that can attach to a bulky electronic car key. Those not the flat circle rings can’t fit into the key.
  • Blanket/throw that is easily machine washable
  • Sunshade for the car
  • Pens
  • Umbrella
  • Watches
  • Mini flashlight (serious about this one!)
  • Coffee Mugs

Feel free to add to this list as well as any designers!

I think a Pucci collaboration would be amazing!!!!

Nooo! please no, not Pucci :sad: I've spent so much money on Pucci over the years, I would find the styles/patterns devalued if they did a collaboration.

Post the Missoni collaboration I haven't worn any of my Missoni items; people keep assuming they're Target.

In general I think collaborations are fun - but I don't think the quality of the items are the same, and therefore don't buy.

Nooo! please no, not Pucci :sad: I've spent so much money on Pucci over the years, I would find the styles/patterns devalued if they did a collaboration.

Post the Missoni collaboration I haven't worn any of my Missoni items; people keep assuming they're Target.

In general I think collaborations are fun - but I don't think the quality of the items are the same, and therefore don't buy.

Believe me people who know Missoni ...know Missoni ( and those that dont...ehh:smile:)

Ahh Missoni, I have a pair of flame knit pants I scored at Saks on clearance in maybe 1997. Sooo beautiful love the wide flowing legs and the way the colors transition in the flame pattern. NOTHING like my Target stuff, which I appreciate for what is is and what it cost.

ooh, what a great thread...

Let me see...

I love good looking flower pots hehe. Loved the recommendation of a fab wallet - made from leather though! Definitely agree with the shoes and jewelry suggestion as well.

aBeautyFairy said:
Ahh Missoni, I have a pair of flame knit pants I scored at Saks on clearance in maybe 1997. Sooo beautiful love the wide flowing legs and the way the colors transition in the flame pattern. NOTHING like my Target stuff, which I appreciate for what is is and what it cost.

Would loooove to see a pic :smile:

katran26 said:

I also adore Pucci and have quite a few items! But I do think that a Pucci collaboration could be appreciated for just that! After all...how many "inspired" Pucci items are out there....I mean everyone from wal-mart to Victoria's Secret has a similar pattern....I just think it would be a fun, bright, colorful collection! :smile: