A tale of two repairs: Hermes vs LV

He snapped some photos and emailed them off to the repair department for evaluation telling me it would be a day or two for them to review it and he would call me back.

I feel like somethings missing. They only take pictures if you insist on not paying the repair. its for a quality check with paris.
thats the weirdest story ever though. ive never heard of someone being treated like that ever before tbh. im very sorry :sad:

I have had so many problems with LV! I ordered something online and it arrived badly stitched. I asked for a refund and it took 3 months. I had to email in 2x a week quoting my order number and explaining everything all over again only to get 'its the holidays we are a bit busy' and lying saying it was being processed.

Whereas Hermes? What can I say.. perfection! I had a few things repaired and they normally are fixed within 2 weeks free of charge. You would never have a stitching issue as I did with LV.

...why would they be lying. thats kind of a rude assumption to make

Sometimes I think it is down to the store. I've managed to have my 20 yr old LV items repaired for free because the internal parts melted (I've used both items less than 5 times). No proof of purchase required as they are able to check their system even though the items were purchased out of country.

My Hermes bag charm I ordered from US arrived broken. I took it to my local store n not only they request for my receipt, they told me it would take at least half a year with no guarantees that it will be fixed or that I will get a replacement. I'm still waiting as its only been 5 mths.

I feel like somethings missing. They only take pictures if you insist on not paying the repair. its for a quality check with paris.
thats the weirdest story ever though. ive never heard of someone being treated like that ever before tbh. im very sorry :sad:

Well thats what happened....He said they would have to have the photos looked at to determine what if anything could be done. With the Pocket Organizer is essentially one piece of material, with the pockets sewn onto it, so he said that depending on their evaluation of it, it may be cost prohibitive to repair it. No price was given when i first went in, nor did i insist on the repair being free, emailing the photos was his first reaction to my request for repair.

I have been going thru a similar issue with LV too! Except my bag had been bought from my local NY LV boutique and they couldn't locate my record when I brought the bag in for repair after a year. They managed to send it out for repair a couple times (same issue with the straps again and again) without the record. The last time I brought it in, I was told it's out of warranty and I would have to pay. I wasn't happy about it and argued that it's the same issue and an obvious design defect! But the store claimed that they had no record of the previous repairs! So nothing was resolved.
Fast forward: I was in the LV store in Paris and the issue came up as I was chatting with a nice SA. She decided to look up my record and it took her less than a minute to locate my purchase from 8 years ago when my local NY store couldn't do it a year after the purchase made! Unfortunately there was no record of the previous repairs. Here is what may interest you: the Paris SA said that my local store could only have sent my bag for repair with a sale record attached to it.
The Paris SA offered to contact a friend of hers in the NYC flagship for me, and ask if she can help me once I return home. So the issue is not resolved yet, but at least I get a sense of hope at this moment.

Sorry my description was so long that I might have missed the points I was trying to make: 1) your LV store might not have lied to you intentionally regarding the sale record; 2) it seems like poor record keeping is common at LV.
Hope that made you feel better. Regardless, it is still unacceptable that the SA didn't follow up and the service was poor.

Oh my! I am soooo sorry you had such a horrible experience with LV! I couldn't agree with you more about the future, they are such opposites, there should never be a closer association between the 2 brands. For my part, I had given my mother an LV shoulder bag many years ago as her first designer bag out of my first serious salary, fast forward to last year, the inside lining of the pocket had begun to disintergrate and she enquired at one of the LV stores in Paris about repair. Fortunately they didn't ask for proof of purchase but they told her it would cost 320EU! She decided not to go ahead - I would never pay that to them.
I've had exemplary service for the spa of 2 vintage Hermes bags, it was just so simple and that's how it should be.

Hey all. So after not being sure what to do with the old wallet...I ended up re-purposing it!

se0dqq.jpg

2mzb0cy.jpg

I love how he managed to preserve my initials from the wallet into the strap
33wy4bq.jpg

2ccqjvo.jpg

Omgosh I totally know what you mean!! I bought a watch from LV like 8 years ago, it might be even longer. One day, the watch decided to stop working so I thought the battery was out and I replaced the battery. But the watch still wasn't working. So, I brought it to the LV store and they said they needed me to provide a proof of purchase. So I told the SA that I bought it so long ago that I don't have anything and asked if they could look it up in the system. He said he couldn't find anything and said there was nothing he could do. I got so frustrated I demanded so see the manager and explained the whole situation and said that this kind of service from a luxury brand is unacceptable. The manager apologized and said I didn't need a proof of purchase and that they can ship it out but I would need to pay for the service. I didn't want to deal with any of them anymore so I told them I would just pay. I got the watched back after like 3 months. Till this day, I refuse to buy anything from LV. I was tempted a month ago to get a small clutch but I decided to spend my money elsewhere. I rather pay a little more for a higher quality, leather bag.

Your idea of turning the wallet to a watch strap is genius Btw!