A Tale of Two [Eggplant] Cities... and a coin purse

I think I know why the colors look so different:

red tones actually fade faster than all the other tones :yes:

So with fading the color actually *changes* as it becmes lighter! The bags prolly started out the exact same color.

Nice pics- thanks for sharing!!

I agree, Nanazie, that the faded one is pretty fabulous:drool:!! Especially the liquid soft leather.

But my shoes match the unfaded one ;)
attachment.php
I was talking about your other shoe with the flower.:P

I think I know why the colors look so different:

red tones actually fade faster than all the other tones :yes:

So with fading the color actually *changes* as it becmes lighter! The bags prolly started out the exact same color.

Nice pics- thanks for sharing!!

Really? Has your grenat showed signs of fading as yet?

Nope!

But I am really anal about my bags, LOL

I never let them sit in direct sunlight on the car seat next to me, I always store them locked tight in their dustbags.

Hopefully I can prolong fading as much as possible :yes:

Wow! I never thought that two Eggplant bags could look so different! My Eggplant is the same color as your brighter bag. But I really like the lighter one too. It's almost like you've got two completely different Bal colors. They are both fab! Congrats!:yes:

Nope!

But I am really anal about my bags, LOL

I never let them sit in direct sunlight on the car seat next to me, I always store them locked tight in their dustbags.

Hopefully I can prolong fading as much as possible :yes:

I think with all that, you definitely will!! I can see grenat fading nicely though showing lighter and darker tones...

Holy C**p!!!! That's one helluva difference!
I have 2 Eggplants(Coin Purse, Twiggy, and WE) and mine are all dark & bright, and I've used them a lot.

I don't have pics of my WE as it's sitting in my closet back home in NY, but I have pics of my Twiggy and Coin Purse.
This is so shocking as I thought the only colors prone to fading are pastels!!:wtf:

This pic was taken with lots of natural light.

IMG_0509.jpg

Can't believe it's such a big difference....the color runs so much....I have my eggplant first but i didn't use much so far but the color still intact at this moment.

The leather on the beat up one is very similar to the leather on my 04 Anis and 04 Ivory Cities. The unfaded one doesn't seem to have been carried much and the leather feels new. The leathers definitely feel different, with the faded one much more flowy, silky and soft.

It's hard to say which one I prefer. I didn't plan to have two Eggplant Cities. Now I see they are each lovely in a completely different way. But overall the color of the unfaded one is much more breathtaking and super saturated. I'll keep that one.

I hear what you are saying. Even within the same color family there are huge differences in dye. For example, I've seen some RVIF that are super strawberry bright and while others are dark lipsticky red. Or Grenats that are aged wine colored while some look exactly like Rouge Theatre.

I don't think your previous eggplant is so faded that it looks from another family color - I think it was a different variation of eggplant to begin with (maybe a first batch color). In any event, I think they are both beautiful! I especially like the new one. :tup: