A Tail of Two Fishes

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This "tail" began in the SG Bal Pals thread where dragonette and I were discussing which Bal-fishes to get.

We can't remember why we called them fishes. Might have had something to do with the colour, but we can't seem to track down the reason why we called them fishes. Moving on...

We had decided on a colour, and she had decided on her style, while I was still trying to find mine. Then we had to get our SA to order the bags for us, as Bal Cannes did not stock the colour.

In any case, the "tail" ended well as our bags reached us in record time, which is why we're presenting this "tail" now.

maxxout, sorry for the belated reveal. I know I promised to do the reveal earlier in the week but work has been crazy! Sorry, pumpkin! But I'll make up for it by posting some of those butt pics you love so much!

Shall we begin?

2. Yes we shall!! :nuts:

The package arrived via DHL on a friggin Sunday afternoon! Did anyone know they do deliveries on Sundays?? I never did!

It was a total of what, one day in transit?

3. The time now here is 01:44 am and I have to work in a few hours, so we'll skip all the teasing and jump straight to the pics!

4. Technically two, I think... Parcel was picked up on Friday afternoon (France time), which is like SG late Friday night.

5. Amidst all the crazed attempts at capturing this chameleon colour accurately on my camera, I forgot to take dustbag pics!!!

Except for this one of the bag IN the dustbag, rather than the dustbag enclosing the contents like you see in reveal threads
    [​IMG]

Presenting Lagon GSH Town
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the leather!
    [​IMG]

The colour is really hard to capture. All of my pics are under artificial lighting and they don't seem to capture the true beauty and complexity of this colour, so I shall leave it to dragonette with her pics.

6. Size comparisons:
    First vs. Town
    [​IMG]

- Same width but thinner base for First
    [​IMG]

- Town is a bit taller than First too
    [​IMG]

- What this means: iPad can fit more comfortably in the Town compared to a First.

I can fit my iPad and a Money wallet in my First, but that means I can't zip the bag, as the iPad sticks out a tad beyond the zip, but does not stick out of the bag frame. Without the Money wallet, the iPad fits just nicely under the zip, but I still wouldn't zip it for fear of scratching my iPad.

iPad in a First
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iPad in a Town
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. #7 Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    Flat Clutch (Handle) vs. Town
    This pair is much closer in size, being of similar heights
    [​IMG]

But the Town is a wee bit wider at the base as it is shaped like a trapezium, broader at the base)
    [​IMG]

Of course, the Flat Clutch is flat, so it has no base, unlike the broad base of the Town.

Comparison between bases of different styles
    [​IMG]

8. Got myself some SLGs too...

Including 2009 Raisin Mini Mini... I love these and it's just sad that they aren't that easily found anymore, assuming Bal still makes them.
    [​IMG]

My motto for Bals is "gotta catch them all" ala Pokemon, so I try not to repeat colours. The first exception was Officier, of which I have 3 pieces, but all three with different hardware. The second was Anthracite, but they were from different years, and different hardware too.

Raisin has violated this motto, two pieces with the same hardware and same colour. My Raisin Day looks faded compared to the MM.
    [​IMG]

Here's my trio of MMs...
    [​IMG]

9. #9 Sep 20, 2012
    I got the Tiny City charms too! When the Tiny First first came out, I resisted the temptation, because they were too small and couldn't fit cards, making it just an expensive keychain. However, with the Tiny City, I can now put cards in them!

2012 Jacynthe Tiny City
    [​IMG]

2012 Rose Thulian Tiny City
    [​IMG]

Comparison between Mini Mini and Tiny City
    MM is a wee bit taller than the Tiny City.
    [​IMG]
    It is also a wee bit wider than the Tiny City, but its base is narrower.
    [​IMG]

What this translates to is that while the Tiny City can hold cards, you might have problems pulling the entire stack out of the Tiny City at once, compared to the Mini Mini, owing to the slightly narrower shape.

The two Tiny Cities on my Town - As you can see, the Tiny City ain't exactly TINY!
    [​IMG]

My three new SLGs
    [​IMG]

My new purchases altogether now:
    [​IMG]

10. #10 Sep 20, 2012
    My favourite Bal-wiches
    Reds
    [​IMG]

Cool colours
    [​IMG]

Mirror, mirror on the wall!
    My stack of mirrors as usual! I think I'm Bal-content finally!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some comparisons of Lagon against other colours:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Butts galore just for my pumpkin!

2012 Jacynthe Tiny City
    [​IMG]

2012 Rose Thulian Tiny City
    [​IMG]

2009 Raisin Mini Mini
    [​IMG]

2012 Lagon GSH Town
    [​IMG]

12. Sorry for the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am style but I'm sleepy and I have to be up in 5 hours! Good night!

Hope you ladies enjoyed the pictures, and I'll let my partner-in-crime, dragonette, continue with her reveal!

13. #13 Sep 20, 2012
    Here's our entire combined loot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. #15 Sep 20, 2012
    Tiny Cities! :love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The leather on ieweuyhs's Jacynthe Tiny City is amazing! I was briefly tempted by the possibility of a Jacynthe Mini Pompon but ieweuyhs confirmed with our SA that it wasn't made. I'm not sure if I should be relieved or sad! :lol: