A Surprising Outlet Buy

Esquared72

Adrift and At Peace
O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
There's a bit of a story, so stick with me here...

DH wanted to do a road trip to Cabela's in Hamburg PA today to pick up a rifle he special ordered for target shooting. It was a zoo and the whole process took 3.5 hours. Ugh.

He felt so bad that he stopped at the Gettysburg outlets and said he'd look the other way if I wanted to buy a bag at Coach. I wasn't expecting to see anything I'd want, but this bag caught my eye and captured my heart. And DH even bought it for me once he realized how much it was marked down.

I'm normally not a patent girl and this is my first Madison bag. Here is Patent Cashmere Lindsay! At 30/30, I got her for $209. Cut the tags and switched into her right away.

I will admit that I am petrified of color transfer since she's light, but I love her so! Any suggestions for protecting her??

And...if anyone is near Gettysburg, they also had patent Crimson (gorgeous!!) and black Lindsays and signature Legacy Candace. They were wiped out of Willis - sold the last one this morning. They also had a yellow bag that looked like Annabelle maybe? Those were the only delete bags I spotted. They had some scarves and a Legacy stripe swingpack, too. It's a really nice ans spacious store with a men's section and since it was snowing it wasn't crazy busy. Super friendly and helpful SA's there as well - Linda was particularly great, pointing out all the FP items and we chatted about rehabbing vintage bags for a while. Great trip!

And...if anyone is near Gettysburg, they also had patent Crimson (gorgeous!!) and black Lindsays and signature Legacy Candace. They were wiped out of Willis - sold the last one this morning. They also had a yellow bag that looked like Annabelle maybe? Those were the only delete bags I spotted. They had some scarves and a Legacy stripe swingpack, too. It's a really nice ans spacious store with a men's section and since it was snowing it wasn't crazy busy. Super friendly and helpful SA's there as well - Linda was particularly great, pointing out all the FP items and we chatted about rehabbing vintage bags for a while. Great trip!

Congrats! I have a Lindsey on hold so thanks for the mod shots!

I love this color! I have the plum and I love it! I don't know how to protect patent from color transfer but I don't think it is a problem except from touching another patent bag.

DH wanted to do a road trip to Cabela's in Hamburg PA today to pick up a rifle he special ordered for target shooting. It was a zoo and the whole process took 3.5 hours. Ugh.

He felt so bad that he stopped at the Gettysburg outlets and said he'd look the other way if I wanted to buy a bag at Coach. I wasn't expecting to see anything I'd want, but this bag caught my eye and captured my heart. And DH even bought it for me once he realized how much it was marked down.

I'm normally not a patent girl and this is my first Madison bag. Here is Patent Cashmere Lindsay! At 30/30, I got her for $209. Cut the tags and switched into her right away.

I will admit that I am petrified of color transfer since she's light, but I love her so! Any suggestions for protecting her??

Hii eehlers!! That's so sweet of your DH. And love the color on your Lindsey! Congrats!

Love her and she looks fabulous on you!
Congrats!

Thanks so much everyone! This is a bag I probably never would have considered, had I not seen it in person. I literally stopped dead in my tracks when I saw her sitting all by her lonesome up on a top shelf. I thought the style might be too north/south for me, but once I loaded her up, she's perfect - loving her sexy slouch! Now to keep her from getting tarnished by pesky denim... :biggrin: